Tuesday, January 3, 2012

14 Months

You're 14 months old today!


Here's what you've been up to this month:
  • You're weighing in these days around 24.5 pounds and are about 33 inches tall 
  • You wear size 3 diaper and graduated to size 4 shoe
  • You're in size 12-24 month clothes but mostly 18 months
  • You still take 2 naps a day (10:30am and 3:30pm) and you are sleeping through the night like a little champion. 
  • You talk all the time and it's getting easier to understand what you're saying. You still point and are able to communicate very well without words though too.
  • You understand exactly what we're saying to you.. if I ask you if you're hungry, you go "mmmm" and go to your highchair. You also retrieve toys if asked and you love to give Dakota a treat after she's gone potty. You run straight to the bottom drawer where the treats are. 
  • You say mama, mum, and dada all the time and you now say it to the right person. I asked you who I was and you said Mama and if I show you a picture of Dad, you start saying Dada. 
  • You've said up, sissy, baby (bay bay) and dog (doug) but it's not consistent. You perform when you want to. 
  • We've been working on reading a lot lately (Your Baby Can Read) and I didn't think it was working..but the other day you were doing your flash cards with Dad and he held up one that said "Hi". Well...you started waving!!! Dad hadn't said anything or shown you the picture so that tells me you looked at the word Hi and understood it and started waving. You're reading Jonah! You were reading at 13 months! Now..this hasn't happened since..but I still say you're a genius and started reading at 13 months. 
  • Speaking of animals..you LOVE them. Your favorite, of course, is your big sister Dakota Jane and you kiss her and hug her countless times a day. She lets you almost every time but will let out a low growl if you're squeezing her too hard. This doesn't faze you. You think she's liking it and proceed to hugging and motor boating her back. 
  • You've started running recently and it's very cute. You think you're so fast and we chase you all around the house. 
  • You love to hide in our closet behind the clothes that are hanging up.
  • You love to sing and will start singing the moment we do or you hear music. You love music and dancing. 
  • You're still very extremely attached to your blankets and take them everywhere you go
  • You are a picky eater and this drives your parents nuts sometimes. I mean, who doesn't like pizza? You prefer to eat raisins and crackers as opposed to anything we're eating. 
  • You hate diaper changes and unless we are armed with some form of a spoon...it's close to impossible to get through it. 
  • Oh yes, you still love spoons. All spoons. Metal, silicon, wooden, plastic..all spoons are welcome in this house. We go through about 4 a feeding..one for each of your hands, one that you threw on the floor and one for me so that I can feed you.
  • You still eat dog food. We talk to you about this a lot and you've hung out in the time out spot a few times because of it. Time outs are a huge help to us and work very well with you. 
  • You've also been put in time out for hitting. You get mad if I tell you no, or that you can't do something and start hitting whatever you get your hands on. I don't know where the aggression comes from and I hope it's just a phase. 
  • Your favorite toys are lego duplo blocks and my iPad. You are a whiz at your baby apps and have learned how to use the iPad correctly instead of hitting and throwing it. You love Talking Gina and pet her all the time.
Fell asleep while I was working..my work makes me tired too.



You love your puppy

Not a huge fan of your new winter accessory

You're a very busy man..always on a call
Who needs a scarf when you've got a blanket?
We put away Christmas last weekend..you hated to see the tree go..especially since you made dear friends with one of it's branches
Dad taught you how to clean the tank..
You're such a big helper 


Really Jonah I could go on and on about all the stuff you get into and do now. You are non-stop energy except when you're sleeping. You love to play and will play all day long . We have a toy box in pretty much every room in the house and you love to empty them. Our house looks like a tornado went through it most of the time but it's okay. I have learned to accept our messy little house and try to only pick up when you're napping so that it's fresh and ready for you to destroy the moment you're up. 

I promise to continue to teach you things every day, sing to you and kiss on you every chance I get and to love you so much it's disgusting. Happy 14 months Jonah Patrick. 


Love,
Mum (you've been calling me "Mum" lately. Apparently, I am raising a British child)

xoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

0 Comments: