Tuesday, July 23, 2013

11 months

Dear Journey Kay,

You're 11 months old today!!!!!! I haven't accepted this yet but working on it.


You are crawling everywhere and super fast especially when you're headed for Jonah's big bin of animals. He doesn't like to share those but will toss you a horse with a missing leg or a tree to play with occasionally. You've taken several steps all on your own and I know it won't be long now before you're running towards that bin. You can go from sitting to standing instantly and then try to "run" forward but fall. You are still nursing with no signs of stopping which is scary for Mommy but I'm not too worried right now. We can revisit this topic in a few months. You love to mimic what we do and we are having a lot of fun with this.

You are over the top dramatic and throw your head back and scream the second you learn you're not gonna get your way. I have to hold onto so you don't give yourself a concussion. You have no regard to what is behind you or what you may fall on. I believe I see an Oscar award in your future. You say mama, dada, uh-oh, mmm-wah (when giving kisses) and bubba. You've said other words too but not consistent. You understand everything we say to you.

You love to dance and your favorite song is Raise Your Glass by Pink. The moment you hear it start you are up on your knees bouncing and grinning from ear to ear. You usually crawl over to me so we can dance together. You have big, brown eyes that look up at me when you're nursing. I love to watch them get heavy and flutter as you fight to keep them open but the milk and soft rocking is just too much to bear so you close them for a final time. It's at these moments that I can forget all about the crazy day we had and I can just hold my beautiful baby and soak in all your sweetness.

You weigh about 18 1/2 pounds now and you're tall. You haven't gained much weight since your 9 mo check up. Not even a pound but I think it's because you're so active. It's definitely not for lack of eating that's for sure. You like a good meal and slump down in the your highchair and stick out your belly when you're full. You sometimes get to that "so full can't move" stage and it's hilarious because you're so lumpy. You just lump around. You're wearing size 3 diapers and size 3 shoes. You're in size 6-12 month clothes mostly but just started buying 12-18 months and they are fitting you! You still only have 4 teeth and you're finally over the nasty head cold your brother brought home from gymnastics. You hate having your nose wiped and make it worse by thrashing your head from side to side when you see me coming at you with a kleenex.

You are social and sweet and will sit in your highchair when we go out to dinner the entire time. As long as there is food in front of you, you are peachy. Your skin is softer than silk and I wish so bad I had your beautiful olive skin tone. People always comment on how dark you are but I think you only look so dark because I am holding you and they are seeing how ridiculously white I am. Anyone would look dark next to me :) You are your daddy's daughter, that's for sure. You love him immensely and touch his face with your little hands and lay down on his shoulder. You reach out for him whenever he is in sight.

You are your brother's best friend and vice versa. You guys play together so sweetly and make each other laugh all the time. I don't even know what's so funny but I guess it's not my place to know. You guys have inside jokes and your own secret language that your parents wouldn't understand. Your playing can quickly turn into an all out brawl so I have to stay close and monitor. I've rescued you from being sat on, pushed on, laid on and pushed over. You are not always so innocent though. I've seen you pull Jonah's hair, scratch him, poke his eyes and take stuff from his hands. You can hold your own for sure and don't take bs from anyone. Jonah is my sensitive one and you are my fighter.


Into EVERYTHING! Toilet paper, q-tips, my makeup, hair things, jewelry...our bathroom is your happy place.

You guys could be twins!!
You were both sporting the Giorgio that night

Lashes for days





Some of the fails from our 11 month shoot. You always blink when the camera flashes but they are still cute!

Journey, this past 11 months has been extremely challenging and at times I feel like losing it. Balancing work and you kids is not easy but God has a way of calming me at my worst moments. I pray for you and your brother every day. I pray for your futures, your friends, the choices you will have to make one day and for your happiness. I can have the absolute worst day but at the end of it, when the house is quiet and the crumbs are swept away..I sit back and think damn.. I am lucky. You are an angel  Journey and the kind of daughter I always dreamed to have. When you're sleeping, I want to go in and hold you just a little longer because I miss you. You are my baby girl and I am blessed to be your mommy. Happy 11 months Journey Kay. I love you.

Love,
Mommy

0 Comments: