Sunday, July 3, 2011

8 Months

Dear Jonah,

Today is your 8 month birthday! We stayed home pretty much all day but you did go to Lowe's with Dad. This was the first time you have been out alone with him so it was a pretty big deal. I heard that you did excellent and helped him pick out a trash can. You ate some oatmeal, apples and chicken, cooked carrots and some crust from my pot pie for dinner. We love feeding you big people food. You love it too and are starting to turn your nose up at Gerber. We may be switching over sooner than we thought. Here are some more cool things about you right now...



  • You weigh approximately 20 pounds and are possibly approaching the 30 inch long mark. You are tall and lean but not too lean. Your legs proudly sport 1 roll each. 
  • You wear size 3 diapers. Your thrifty mom decided to buy 1 more box of size 2 Huggies because you get like 15 more diapers for the same price as a box of size 3's.Well, you wore about 5 of those diapers and 4 of them were blow outs. I sadly pulled all size 2's out of the stacker and reloaded it with size 3. I am happy to report that we have not had a blowout since. Your future little sis already has a whole box of size 2's waiting for her. She sends her thanks. 
  • You wear 9, 12 and 18 month clothes. I cannot believe you can wear 18 month clothes. Really though...you can wear 1 romper that is 18 months..I stand firm on the fact that it shrunk when I washed it, thus really making it more like a 12 month size.
  • You are the most smiley baby in the whole world. We can just look at you, and you will smile a big toothless grin and giggle. 
  • I went into your room a couple weeks ago to check on my "sleeping" baby and you were sitting up in your crib biting your monkeys head. We have also seen you full on wrestling with him. That poor helpless monkey never saw you coming..you used to stay where we put you in your crib. We have absolutely no say in where you go now. This little instance has also led to us lowering your crib because I have also come in and you have pulled yourself up on your knees and were hanging onto the sides of the crib looking out. 
  • Now that you're eating solids twice a day and sometimes even yogurt for a mid day snack, you poop around the clock. We can expect anywhere from 2-4 poops a day. You especially love to go when we go swimming and as soon as we pull up to a restaurant to eat. These are your favorites times. 
  • Speaking of poop, you totally got your daddy. We had just parked the car, getting ready to walk into a Mexican restaurant..(a favorite time, I should've known) - dad gets you out of the car seat and puts you on his shoulders as we walk to the restaurant. Well..little did he know that you were wearing a size 2 diaper and had completely blown out. Your dad got poop in his hair, on his face and shirt. We spent the next 20 minutes cleaning you and your dad up. Then we all went to eat...funny how that did not ruin our appetite one bit. 
  • You are still very attached to me. You love to be held and if I put you down for a second, you now know how to turn yourself around and lunge toward me to pick you up again. Of course, I lean down and pick you up again. I don't get much done these days.
  • You love to swim! You graduated from swim class. You and Max were top of the class and were used as examples for the other babies. We are so proud of you. You and dad went down the big boy water slide to celebrate. 
  • We changed your bedtime to 8:30. Since we changed your bedtime, you have been sleeping through the night pretty much. It is awesome Jonah. You sleep from 8:30-3 or 4am and then I nurse you and put you back to sleep. You then sleep till about 6 or 6:30am. There are nights when you don't even wake up for a night feeding. You just sleep all the way through. 
  • You love your sippy cup. You do so well with it. You know exactly how to use it. You also love to drink out of regular cups. You love water and will actually chug it given the chance. 
  • You love Ride Little Horsey and Pat A Cake
  • You still want to eat the book instead of sitting and listening 
  • You absolutely love the remote and lunge toward it if you even catch a glimpse of your new best friend

It won't be long until you are crawling. You get up on all fours and rock back and forth, you just haven't tried to move forward yet although I know that it is coming soon. Very soon. Your parents haven't even baby proofed the house yet. There are death traps everywhere so we promise to get on that soon and if we procrastinate, I promise to keep my eye on you so that you don't injure yourself too bad before we can get the house Jonah proof.
































You are our whole world baby. I don't even know what we used to do with our time before you came around. You keep us very busy and extremely happy. If I am having a crummy day, all I have to do is look at you and it is instantly better. I don't know how you do it, but everyday you are cuter and everyday I love you more.

Happy 8 month birthday Jonah bear!

Love, 
Mama
xoxoxxoxox

0 Comments: