Thursday, April 5, 2012

Jonah and The Fever

My baby is not feeling too good. He woke from him nap scorching hot. Thought he just got too warm while sleeping so we tried to play for a bit but very quickly noticed that this boy didn't want to leave the confines of his mommy's arms. He just kept snuggling into my chest and even his tiger and lion couldn't pry him away. After about 30 minutes, I decided to take his temp. 103.8, then took it again..103.8...his little body is just on fire. I am a big believer in not giving any meds until there is absolutely reason to.

So we waited, with cold wash cloths on his head and neck which to my surprise, he welcomed. Poor guy was still so hot 2 hours after trying natural reducers. So I gave in and gave him a little children's tylenol. He took it but didn't like it and went back to laying on his mommy mattress while I tried to do some work. Have you ever tried to type emails with one hand while rocking a 27 pound baby in your arms and a 9 oz. baby in your belly? Yeah, it's not easy but luckily this isn't my first rodeo and can do this all day long if needed. It's really quite amazing what I was able to accomplish. I was finally able to lay him down on the bed in my office..




He's resting now and hopefully the fever will break while he sleeps. Say a pray for little Jonah and his mama. We could use a little extra TLC today.

4 Comments:

Andrea said...

poor, sweet baby! i hope he's feeling better today.

Jennifer said...

Oh that breaks my heart! We were there a couple of weeks ago. NO FUN!

Jessica said...

Thanks guys! He was a different boy when he woke from his nap. The fever was gone and he was back to growling like a tiger. It was a weird 5 hour sickness but he seems to be back to normal now. :)

Julia said...

So glad he's feeling better. Good thing Jonah has an excellent mother or he probably still would be sick. Kisses!