You are a year and a half old today! At times it feels like once you were born, our lives went into warp speed and then other times it slows down and feels like you've been here with us far longer than a mere year and a half. Time is weird. If I sit and think about it long enough, it really gets to me...so thank goodness I never have much of it!
Here's what you've been up to lately:
- You weigh about 28 pounds..
- You're very tall and have lost a lot of that baby fat. I miss those chubby, rolly legs you used to sport.
- You wear size 4 diapers and size 5 and 6 in shoes.
- You wear mostly 18-24 month clothes although you can still wear 12 month shorts from last summer!
- You have 12 teeth
- You love your blankets. They go everywhere with you.
- You run very fast and will run the moment you hear "diaper change" You still don't like them and that's okay cause we don't plan on changing your diaper for very much longer! We are introducing you to the potty chair very soon.
- You're talking more and trying to say more words! We are so excited about this! Your new words are: done, dog and no.
- You've been known to throw a pretty good fit when told you can't do something or taken out of a situation you were happy in..or if we take something away, or don't pick you up fast enough....seems like you throw a fit whenever something isn't going your way.
- You still love animals and your zoo. You hug and kiss Dakota countless times a day.
- You love to be outside playing with your sand and water table. You like to pour sand on Dakota. She is so good to you, she lays there while you cover her in sand, water and grass.
- You can make a mess faster than anyone I know! I turn around and you've destroyed the entire house.
- You can drink out of a cup like a big boy. No sippy needed at all. You can handle a glass cup like a pro although your dad is only one that lets that happen..I still give you plastic cups because I am not that brave.
- You eat everything with a fork and spoon...everything! You even eat a PB & J sandwich with a fork :) You are very fancy like that.
- You've been a very picky eater lately and I worry you're not eating enough but then I see your diapers and they prove otherwise. I think you're eating plenty.
- You can sign please, more and all done. We're working on thank you.
- You know a few shapes very well. You can point out a square, triangle, crescent and circle.
- You love music and dancing. Reggae music is your favorite right now and you start bobbing your head when you hear a beat.
- You love Yo Gabba Gabba, Baby Einstein and your reading dvds.
- You have a baby doll and we've been using it to get you ready for the new baby but you would rather throw it across the room or stand on its head then show love.
- You don't really care about clothes much. You would rather be naked or just in a diaper. Since it's been getting warmer, I don't fight it much. When we're home, you can wear or not wear anything you want.
- You love your cups and you love to pour and stack things. You line up your cups in a very neat row and stand back to admire your work then quickly demolish it so you can do it again
- I am pretty obsessed with keeping all your toys together. I count your animals several times a day making sure we have all 11. We usually are missing at least one but you always find it eventually. At the moment, we are missing the gorilla, the "a" puzzle piece to your name puzzle and 4 barrel monkeys. We will send out the search party today.
This was just taken a few minutes ago. We had a busy morning, went to baby bookworms and then to the grocery store. You were so tired, you fell asleep under my desk while waiting for me to finish working.

You love your animals
Such a big boy!
Hard at work
Transporting sand from one place to another
Oh how I love you and that smile!
Me and your dad are going on a date this Friday!!!!! Yes, that means we will be leaving the house without you. I know, I know...not acceptable - but we are very excited to spend some time together. We're going out to eat and going to see The Hunger Games!!! Your Uncle Jake and Aunt Tamara will be staying with you and you're going to have a blast with them! Right? :)
Here's a compilation video from the month of April. I'm pretty proud of it, spent way too much time on it but totally worth it. Turn up your volume!
You are a very sweet, sensitive little boy and you are my very best friend. I love you so much baby! Happy 18 months!
Love,
Mommy
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox













1 Comments:
So sweet! And the video...love it! I especially like how he picks up three eggs at a time. :)
Post a Comment