Tuesday, June 5, 2012

19 Months

Dear Jonah,

Here's what you've been up to these days..

You did not want Marcel in the picture...
  • You haven't been weighed in so long but I'm guessing it's around 28 or 29 pounds. You have a well baby checkup this month
  • You wear size 4 diapers and 5 and 6 in shoes
  • You wear size 18 and 24 month clothes mostly but can wear 3T in Children's Place sleepers! They are very baggy but comfortable.
  • I seriously have no idea how many teeth you have. You will never let me look in your mouth long enough to count..I'm thinking either 12 or 14. 
  • You still love to stack, sort and pour things. You will stack anything from little coffee creamers at a restaurant to cans of food while shopping at the store. I put you in the buggy these days so you can stack away. 
  • You really don't like to ride in the cart though, you'd rather push it so I let you stand in front of me and help me push the cart. This makes for a much longer grocery trip than I'd like but it makes you happy. 
  • You're a very good helper these days. You help me with house chores everyday. You always put the wet clothes in the dryer for me and close the door. When the clothes are dry, you take them out one by one and put them in the hamper. Now all I need to teach you is how to fold and put away..
  • You also help me swiffer the floors..if you see me sweeping or wiping something up off the floor, you immediately go and get the Swiffer and start cleaning the floors. You love to help me with anything I am doing. 
  • You still love your blankets and if I don't hide them before we leave to go somewhere, you better believe they are coming with us..into the store, the mall, restaurants, etc. 
  • You are starting to attach to weird things.. the other day you carried around a greeting card and screamed if I tried to take it away. You also lug around a backpack full of blocks and the other night insisted on sleeping with your cups. We made the mistake of taking them away before you got in bed and you threw a fit...that is sort of an understatement. You had a complete meltdown. I was sorry we took them away but we couldn't just give them back to you and encourage your behavior. We have since decided to let you sleep with whatever weird object you cling to at bedtime. :)
  • You love books and being read to. We read the same 6 or 7 books numerous times a day. You love to point out the animals and objects in the books..you don't like to follow story lines so we just go page to page naming things we see. I ask you "where's the yellow stars?" and you point to each one. You're getting better with recognizing colors and shapes. 
  • You love Yo Gabba Gabba and could watch it all day long. It is a life saver when I am busy with work. 
  • You love swimming and being around water. Mainly because you get to pour water from cup to cup but you do also love just splashing around. You are not afraid of water at all and when on your belly, you kick your legs just like you learned in swim class when you were 7 months old. We will be going to swim class again this summer.
  • You love my belly and make me show you many times a day. You laugh and laugh at my belly button which is fully popped out. You rub my belly so lightly and point to my stomach if asked where the baby is. We were sitting in the chair together and the baby was on the move.. you felt the movement and kept touching my stomach. :) You also kiss my stomach when I ask you to give the baby kisses. 
  • You don't talk much, that we can understand. You still only have about 5 words you say clearly although you understand everything we say to you..and respond by shaking your head no or nodding yes. You also sign to us which helps. 
  • You LOVE dancing. You dance all the time, any time you hear music. You have some serious moves too. 
  • You're a great sleeper. 8pm - 6:30-7am! You go to bed all by yourself too, you will barely let me rock you anymore. 
  • You don't like to wear clothes, you run around in a diaper mostly. 
  • You're eating better..but only foods you like. You don't like to try new things. You're favorite foods are fruit. Apples, grapes, bananas, watermelon and mandarin oranges are a few of your faves. Your favorite meal right now is grilled cheese and tomato soup.
  • You got in big trouble a couple weeks ago. I was working in the office, way too caught up in what I was doing when I realized it had been almost 10 minutes of quiet...and I looked around and you weren't in the office with me..."uh oh" was the first thought that came to my mind.. I start walking out of the office and immediately realize what you've been doing. I walk a bit further into the living room and see why you've been so quiet...You had your dump truck out and was shoveling soil and dirt out of the palm tree pots and had made piles all over the living room and down the hallway. I really wish I would've gotten a picture. I didn't know what to do at first...punish you or cry. You had dirt all over your face, in your mouth, under your nails...and there was dirt all over our carpeted floor. Oh Jonah, it was a mess. You sat in time out the entire time it took me to clean it up...which was a long time. Needless to say, the palm tree has a lot less soil to live in so I'm hoping it dies so I can just throw it out. 
 Long story short.. I got 2 cakes
this year to make up for last year.
Strawberry cake with butter cream
icing....Yes Please!








Part of my birthday festivities included going to see Walk Off The Earth!!! Honestly though, rock concerts are really not the place for big ole pregnant bellies.










 You love to sit on the counter..
 And sort the spoons

You and your precious cups..which were missing 3 of!!!!















You are just way too cool...














Obviously..

 We went to the mall the other day to play...I was less than impressed. There were crazy kids running around everywhere not watching out for the little ones so I stayed close by to make sure you didn't get trampled.
 From our monthly photo sesh this morning (taken 2 days late!)
 You seriously did not want Marcel around and kept throwing him to the ground
 I had to hold Marcel in place
 Finally you won the battle and finished the session solo..
 Except the grapes were allowed to stay..
 I think you were over getting your picture taken by this point..
You are a wild little man and stay very busy. You love to make messes for your mom but always offer to help me clean...you just run to get the swiffer for any mess you see. Although a swiffer is pretty much useless when you're digging soil out of the carpet...I do appreciate the gesture though. You are very sweet and adorable and your cuteness gets you out of a lot of trouble. You love to snuggle in our bed in the mornings and give us kisses back and forth over and over. Dad is working from home now so he gets to lay in bed with us for awhile before his commute to work...which is about 6 steps from our bed. He comes and sees us every hour or so and you love his quick visits of hugs, kisses and an occasional body slam. :) We enjoy every second with you Jonie. You bring us so much joy and we are so proud of the sweet, smart little guy you are. Happy 19 months my baby! 

Love, 
Mommy
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

2 Comments:

Lori said...

Oh Jessica...thank you for this great blog, I just love reading about all the cute, and sometimes messy things that our boy is getting into! Oh it's just the beginning.... :) !!!

Andrea said...

He's looking less like a baby and more like a little boy. How does that happen?!

He's absolutely adorable!