Her favorite thing to do right now is play family. She says "Pretend I'm a one year old baby and my name is Journey" about 25 times a day. She then proceeds to get down on the floor and crawl and make baby sounds. She also likes to pretend she's sleeping so if anyone walks in I am supposed to say "oh, our baby is sleeping. look at the sweet baby!!!" she tells me to say that. When she's not the one being the baby, she's the mom. And she puts on these wedge sandals I got her. They have about an inch heel on them and she feels absolutely fabulous when she's wearing them. They change her personality completely. When she's wearing those shoes, she's a grown up..pushing her double stroller with her babies strapped in and a big purse on her shoulder which is packed full of food for her babies, diapers, clothes and bottles. She also usually has a set of keys and lip gloss. And a wallet. Then she usually comes to find me and tells me she's going on vacation or on a business trip and asks me to watch her children. So I watch her babies while she's out on the town and then she comes back and pays me money. It's really the best job I've ever had. She tells me how to change her babies and how to rock them to sleep. She really is the best mommy. I love playing with her. We also love to play shopkins and barbies these days. She is so creative and always coming up with scenarios for us. One of her barbies I took a liking to one day and named her "Sweetie Pie" She's blonde and beautiful with the thickest Southern accent you've ever heard. She may be from Savannah..Lol Anyways, she loves to play barbies with me and I always get Sweetie Pie and talk to her and she talks back to me with the other ones. So much fun! Justin always laughs if he can hear us from downstairs.
She will sit and play for hours by herself in her room too. I hear her little voice from behind closed doors talking to her babies. She has about 15 babies but usually only plays with 3-4 at a time. She lines them up, giving each a pacifier and blanket.
She really is the sweetest little girl but definitely has a temper. She will go from 0-100 in a second. She's still known to throw a good fit if something doesn't go her way. Her teachers saw her give me attitude once at pick up and were completely surprised by it because she's usually very quiet. I told them that I think she saves it all for me! It's true. She is shy and will hide from anyone new but the moment we're alone she transforms into a wild child. She loves Jonah and wants to do everything he does. She even wants to be a paleontologist and a zookeeper when she grows up.
Her favorite word is probably a toss up between tootie, crop dust or actually. I'm serious. These words come out of her mouth way more than they should. Everything is tootie. Or she'll whisper sweetly "I just crop dusted you." And run away. Have to blame her Dad for that one. Pretty much every sentence begins with "well actually..." She has the funniest facial expressions and can make me laugh with just a silly grin. She can do a perfect cartwheel and is now doing front flips on the trampoline. She is am amazing gymnast. Fearless and strong. I love watching her do her thing. She doesn't take criticism well and is a perfectionist which makes it 10 times worse but she's handling it like a boss. Coach Valerie knows how hard she can push her. She's come out crying once and I scooped her up in my arms telling her we didn't have to do this anymore. That if it wasn't fun then we can quit. She wants to quit for about 5 minutes and then she's ready to go again so I let her. I don't want to hold her back but I definitely won't push this on her if it's not what she wants. She's just do darn amazing at it. We'll see what happens..We're advancing up to 3 hours a week instead of 2. Next step is 6 hours a week..plus kindergarten. Insane.
She's 4 and I still rock her to bed each night after reading and prayer. She asks me to sing to her until she's asleep and I do. I watch her little eyes close and kiss her beautiful soft cheeks just like I've been doing since she was born. I don't know when she'll want to stop being rocked and I don't care right now. We continue to do what works and this works for us. And my heart. I need this still and I think she knows it.
She tells me she loves me all the time. And that I'm the best mommy in the world but that Daddy is her bestie. They walk D together and he stops at the park to let her slide a few times after dropping Jones off at school. He throws her in the air and plays the same board and card times over and over just to spend time with her. He taught her how to crop dust and she knows his favorite color and food without missing a beat. Those two are something else. I hear him singing to her on the rare nights she chooses him and it makes my heart so full of love. He sings her the same song all the time.."you're my favorite person" It's a song they sing to each other and its the sweetest thing ever.
She's weighing a perfect 42 pounds and stands 3 foot 6 inches now. She's wearing size 5-6 clothes and size 12-13 in shoes.
She loves to shop with me but prefers the "big car" because she's allowed to eat in there.
She has big, beautiful brown eyes and uses them to her full advantage. I often hear how beautiful she is. It's such a natural beauty too. I'm loving watching her grow but get teary often when I think about it too. It's so hard. I find comfort knowing she's is still only 4 and needs me. And reaches up for me any time she's near. She's getting bigger but it hasn't stopped me from scooping her up and holding her against me like I always have.
She is absolutely my favorite girl in the whole world. My 4 1/2 year old girl.
♥Jessica
0 Comments:
Post a Comment