Hey there Jones. You're downstairs in your bed right now wrapped up in your Harry Potter bedspread and Blue Blue. I read to you tonight from Harry Potter (5?). You love listening to us read to you. You lay there and listen so intently and will critique any word I mispronounce. You've read the series many times now and know when the word is "preserve" and not "persevere." And you're not even looking at the pages I am reading. You have never ceased to amaze me. Just like when you were four and I asked if you wanted to "read" to me...knowing that you couldn't read but was wondering how it would go. You said okay and read me the entire page. I was like "wait, what? You can read??" You said point blank, "yeah, I think I have always known." I said "You know what? I believe you." You have always been that way though. You have always just known. We knew you were brilliant the moment we laid eyes on you. You radiate happiness, knowledge, wisdom and love. Those brown eyes of yours can floor me and you look more like your Daddy every day. Thank goodness for that! :) I want to look like him when I grow up too. LOL
You've gotten so tall lately. You're standing at 4'10" now and weighing about 95 lbs. That puts you at 90% percentile where you've been pretty much your whole life. You still only let me cut your hair and refuse to visit the barber. You don't like the sound or feel of the buzzer and feel most comfortable with me so I have cut your hair consistently for the past 8 years. I can only do one boy hair style so both you and your dad get the same treatment. It's worked so far and it's definitely not perfect but we go for it. You never complain. You are NOT a complainer. You're so sweet Jonah. I mean there are times you complain. I have to retract my statement. When it comes to chores or cleaning or eating foods you don't like or basically doing anything not related to watching or creating videos then you give us back talk. You can get pretty mouthy actually and we have to just send you to your room to calm down. These moments are rare so I can honestly say that 94.6% of the time you are pure sweetness. You're an excellent student and you know so much more than they can teach you. But the thing is you are okay with it. You're not too proud or arrogant. You are such a gentleman and I love the way you approach life. You have inherited all of your Dad's best attributes and some of mine. I think I've given you a bit of artistic talents and I know I've passed on the sensitivity you feel. I feel it too. I feel more than I would like and I know you do too. You don't like to be touched much and definitely not squeezed and DEFINITELY NO TICKLING.
You often say that we are too protective over you and just recently let you say the words "fart" and "butt." You might be reading this sometime in the future and I hope you do read it!! But you may be reading and think "I was almost 10 and wasn't allowed to say butt or fart?" NO. You weren't. You guys are babies and just 2 years ago you guys were only 6 and 8 and we had a brand new baby who I didn't want her first words to be "Boy Jones, you sure had a big fart out of your BUTT!" May be a bit extreme but I just didn't want those words coming out of your mouths. I just don't think they are nice words. I like "toot" and "bottom" and that was just fine with you too for 9 years. You still use them sparingly and I know it's because you are mature enough to know when it's appropriate.
You really have shown an immense about of maturity lately and your Dad and I are so proud of you. We talk about you at night with complete pride. You're so special to us and I just want to thank you for being our first baby and letting us learn how to be parents through you. You are our first of everything and each year you clear the path for your sisters to walk through. Keep being the light Jonah. Your sisters will follow wherever you lead and I know and trust that you will lead them to Jesus and all things good.
Have a blast being the big 1-0! Double digits!!!! We love you baby.
Love,
Mommy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment