Thursday, November 3, 2022

Jonah Patrick is 12!!!

Dearest Jonah, 



I can't believe you are 12 years old. I know I say that every year but it's so true. I just can't wrap my head around it. Last year before you're a teenager. Last year before I am a mother of a teenager. You've always been our guinea pig baby and just like every other phase we will learn how together. :) You're such a good boy. You may be 12 but you act like a little guy (most of the time). Like you still love to be around us and we walk you to school and it really upsets you if we're unable to or have to let you go half way on your own. I always feel like I am abandoning you or something but know you are very capable, even if you don't feel like you are. You are tall, so tall! You are almost 5'5" now and seems like you are taller each day. I am shopping in the Men's department for you now which is so weird. You're just a baby! You are incredibly talented in music. I should've seen it coming but really it surprised me. I don't know why, it runs in your blood. But you aren't just like ordinary talented..you are exceptional. You are a natural and I can see that it comes to you very easily and I see your passion growing daily. You read your trombone music and translate it to the piano. It seems effortless and you JUST started learning a few months ago. 


edited - April 25 2023 - sorry buddy. I got way behind and devoted today to finish this. I just finished JoJo's 4 year old blog. 
Ok back to you! 















Edited July 14 2023 - I lied...We are mere months away from your 13th birthday and I have barely started your 12 year old post. I have no excuses except that life is a lot and sadly my blogging just hasn't been a priority lately. 


At your final band concert. You all sounded amazing!!! I couldn't believe how much you had improved.




This way your TREC trivia challenge. Sadly, you guys went out the first round but you had fun. I still think you guys got the hardest questions though. 


So you ended the school year with an assembly that announced that 2 students (one male and one female) were awarded an Excellence Award. This was voted on by the entire 6th grade staff. It's basically recognition for being an excellent asset to the school and basically just a Badass Human. That's what they should've called it. Anyways, it came down to you and another boy. Guess who got it?
Mr. Jonah Linz!!!!!! 
It was the highest award they can give out and they said they've been watching him since 5th grade so this award was 2 years in the making. Really, really awesome and it couldn't have gone to a more deserving person than our Jonah.







We are currently doing summer break...in between 6th and 7th grade. We are both nervous about 7th grade but I can tell you are more excited than nervous. 

You are so tall now Jonah..I don't even want to tell you here but I will...you are 5'7" inches now..Like we are eye to eye basically. I still have about 3/4 inch on you so I am going to love it and cherish it for as long as I can because these are the last moments I have in my life ever being taller than you. It makes me happy and sad. Happy/sad. You are my boy and every day I love you more. 





You've been making your own lunches a couple days a week and I know you don't love it but it makes Dad and I very proud of you. It's our job to make sure you can do things on your own. You do things you don't like to do often and without an attitude. I mean you sometimes have something to say like "did Journey do her chores too?" :) I reassure you that she's doing her part and you accept your fate. You mowed the lawn the other day and I just can't believe we are here. You were so little not so long ago and we talked about when you were going to be big enough to help your Daddy in yard and here we are. You mowed with a sunhat and sunglasses on and you couldn't have been cuter. You did a great job and Dad and I beamed with pride. You make us so proud. 
You are on your computer the majority of the day playing Minecraft, Fall Guys or clashing.. on your own or with your Dad. Kenny is often in your ear and I hear you yelling at him for something stupid he did in the game. Lol  I have to tell you to take an easy on him sometimes. 
You love your sisters...especially the littlest one. She is a ray of sunshine and love and accepts your love freely. Our Journey Kay is different and you want to love her so much but she just takes love in differently. We've all been learning a lot and how to love her and it's still a work in progress. We'll get there sweet boy. 
Your food preferences haven't changed I am sad to say. You still eat the same lunch every day and we very dinners. 
Breakfast: Biscuits (not just any kind. You will only eat Grands Homestyle frozen biscuits - that you now know how to bake on your own!) And you usually make a chocolate carnation shake too.
Lunch: PBJ sammie with the ends cut off, Spicy Nacho Dorito chips, Kraft string cheese and 4-5 apple slices and a big glass of water
Snack: chips or goldfish
Dinner: Varies between your fave Kraft Velveeta shells and cheese with baby carrots and fruit, cheese quesadilla with same sides, cheese pizza (depends on where it's from), mcdonalds nuggets and fries (which is very new and I am so happy you added something to your diet instead of taking away!!)

Enough about your food preferences...can we talk about your sweet heart? Your calm, sweet nature? You tell me you love me about 57 times a day but I know you really want to tell me you love me 112 times....we'll get there. LOL
I love you too buddy. 










You are and have always been a blessing to us. I fell in love with you the moment I laid eyes on you and then I understood exactly what love at first sight feels like. Thank you for making me a mommy and learning and growing right along with your Dad and I. You continue to amaze us with your intelligence and love for world history. I love our inside jokes and being weird with you. You are so smart and fun and have the sweetest heart. I pray that God continues to guide you and keep you and protect you through all the things that will come your way. Your Dad and I love you with all our heart and I can't wait to see what this year brings!
Have a blast being 12 my sweet boy.
Love,
Momma

0 Comments: