How in the world can you already be 6 years old? I blinked again. I keep forgetting that I'm not allowed to do that. Like usual, I am late on writing and posting but I am going to get better.
So what's new with you?
You are 48 inches tall! So tall! I think you are taller than JK was at your age. You are wearing size 1 shoe and size 6-7 in clothes. Some size 8 pants fit. They are a bit too long but they work with boots.
You weigh about 52-55 lbs and love to get dressed up for any event. It doesn't matter if were going to dinner or going to the store, you will dress for it. You love to have your picture taken and need it taken when you see something that inspires you. I always try to make it happen if I can but let's be honest...we are usually running late or in a hurry so stopping to take pics with a mannequin in Target is not always an option.
You are a beautiful, sweet little thing though and get your way about 99% of the time. Your brother and sister think that they had different parents. They're probably right. We're just tired baby. And you're an angel. Mostly. You definitely know how to work the system. lol
You're a Kindergartener now!! You are in Mrs. Shiohira's class. Same kinder teacher that Journey Kay had! You really are having a great year and I only cried the first week. The entire first week. :( We would kiss you at the door of school and watch you walk away until we couldn't see you anymore and then we would turn and walk home. It was the only thing to do. Walk home and leave our infant baby daughter in the hands of strangers that we'd only known for 6-8 years. It was a hard walk home and the tears flowed. You were so brave though and continue to be although you do ask every day if I will pick you up early or let you stay home. It's tough to say no when you look at me with those big blues of yours.
You love to play and create and would rather be doing something outside than anything else. You love the outdoors. You love creepy, crawly things and showing them to me. You love the worms and tend to get really attached and name them and make them a habitat and expect them to be a lifelong companion only to see that they aren't moving in the morning. You think they are sleeping. They are not. You love bunnies and will stop to approach any you see. You like to skate to school and see worms struggling along the way and it kills you. I have to pickup more worms than I ever wanted to in my life to "save" them. I throw them in the grass and we hope for the best. Walking to school is a tradition and an absolute honor. We have walked each one of you to the same school since 2016 and can say it's been the biggest blessing. I love our walks which used to be 3 and then 2 and now you. It's weird but beautiful. Two of my favorite things.
You are weird and beautiful. You are smart and creative. You are silly and joyful. You bring happiness to anyone who meets you. You find beauty in the mundane and have helped me find peace in the chaos. God has gifted us yet another angel from heaven with you.
| You were really hot from walking home from school |
| Shruti, Journey Kay and Mr. Jones -- they were the ""big kid" gang |
We had so much fun at your birthday party. We went to Farmland Adventures and invited mostly family and a few friends. You loved riding the ponies which I'm pretty sure was your last year to do it since you've gotten so tall. :( You fed all the animals and made sure each one was properly petted.
We've had so much fun this year watching you grow and learn. You make us laugh all the time with your silliness. Your sweet heart stands out to me the most and how much love you have to give. To us, your friends, your teachers, animals, worms on the sidewalk, homeless people you see with signs, trash on the street, toys left outside..your heart is so big and you feel all the feels. You truly see the best in the world and it's the most precious. I wish I could keep you this way forever but know even as you grow and the world starts to appear a bit differently I know that you will hold true to your sweetness and innocence and belief that there is always a bright side. You are our bright side. You've completed our family in the best way possible and we love you so much. One hundred kisses to you on each cheek and one thousand on those little lips! Happy Birthday my love and have a blast being 6!
Love,
Mommy
0 Comments:
Post a Comment