Monday, August 22, 2011

Look! 2 Hands!

It still amazes me how fast babies change. Last week for about 4 days straight I thought I had a permanent growth attached to my body. That growth being my son, Jonah. He was extremely clingy and neither Justin nor I could set him down for even a minute without hearing what can only be described as a gargling, high pitched scream mixed with glass being ground up in the garbage disposal. It was as if he was actually in pain but the moment he was in someone's arms, it was all smiles and giggles. It was frustrating and we didn't get a lot done. My work may have suffered a bit but I kept telling myself that there will come a day when this boy wants nothing to do with his mother so I bit the bullet and hoofed it around the house all day with Jonah in tow.

Well today is a different story. Jonah has been going from room to room scattering toys, banging stuff together and chasing Dakota. I have been able to do some housework, do some work work and make dinner using both hands. I totally forgot what it was like doing stuff with 2 hands. God really knew what he was doing when he was designing the human body. So much more efficient.

 Partying in the hallway
 Partying with a water bottle
 Yellow ball and Jonah..partying












Partying with yellow ball while sitting in one of his favorite spots


 Jonah seems very happy today and back to his old self so I'm glad he feels better. I guess it was just a phase. I have missed my growth some today but as I look down, I see 2 hands typing and I think that's pretty cool.

0 Comments: