It's hard to watch that number going up and up..I keep thinking it will stop at some point and let us all catch our breath for a few seconds but it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. You're growing and there's nothing I can do about it. I look in your crib as you sleep and see a big boy in the place of my teeny tiny baby that once occupied that very space. I don't really know or remember how that happened but I do know that you have the most precious little soul and these last 15 months have been the best of my life.
Here's what else you've been up..
![]() |
| Your dad took this and snuck Big Fat Mad Cat in there with you :) |
- You weigh roughly 25 pounds and are 32-33 inches tall.
- You wear 18 month clothes and wear size 4 diaper and shoe.
- You have 8 teeth, 4 on top and 4 on bottom
- You've become obsessed with Baby Einstein dvds and we have to limit the amount of time you glue yourself to the t.v.
- You run so fast but wipe out often especially when zooming around a corner or going from carpet to hard wood. You busted your lip and there was blood :( We cuddled for awhile after this.
- You will rarely give me kisses on command anymore...BUT..we were in Sam's a couple days ago shopping and I looked at you and said "Can I have a kiss?" and you turned away at first then cheekily looked back at me and opened that mouth for a big sloppy wet one! And continued to give me kisses the rest of our shopping trip. I felt very special because I know kisses in public are numbered.
- You are reading more.. You now can read the words Hi, Arms Up, Tiger, Dog and Elephant.
- You still don't say much..that we can understand anyway. You always say Mama, Dadda and Dough-Da (dakota) and you've recently been calling everything "dunda" It's so funny..I don't know what dunda is but you say it a lot and then laugh. So maybe this is a little inside joke that I wasn't let in on.
- Although you don't say much, you understand everything we say to you and follow directions very well.
- You've been eating less dog food. I think you finally kicked that bad habit although you have set backs now and then.
- Speaking of set backs, you totally munched on a couple pieces a few days ago and I told you that if I caught you messing with Dakota's food again you would have to sit in Time Out. So instantly, you looked at me then walked over and sat in the T.O. spot. Broke my heart but I had to let you sit there for a few seconds so you didn't think it was a joke. I didn't tell you to sit there but that's what you did.
- You're eating better which is a huge relief to your parents. We usually dread meal times but you've become surprisingly pleasant when offered new things. Your favorites foods are mac n cheese, all fruit especially apples. You LOVE them. You also love pancakes, chocolate milk and raisins. You ate your first bite of a brownie the other day and fell madly in love. You and me both baby..
- You love being outside and since Winter has obviously decided not to happen this year, we've been outside a lot enjoying the sunny 65 degree weather either running in the backyard or taking long walks with Dakota around our neighborhood.
- We recently tried transitioning to 1 nap a day but have regressed back to 2. You just get too tired in the afternoon without that nap so we'll wait on this.
Standing on your head
Running in the backyard
and laying in the backyard
We made the most of our trip to GF and even saw Nan and Pop! You helped Poppy get the cats.
Taking a break
So talented :)
You were helping your mom out this day..love when you do my work for me.
Some more pictures from your 15 month photo sesh with your dad..
He said you were not into it
And would rather wear funny glasses
and dance on the bed..
Then get your picture taken with Marcel and the blue creepy cat that your Dad loves so much. I feel for you..I wouldn't want to get photographed with that thing either!
Basically Jonah, you're the coolest little guy I know. You are full of life and curiosity. You test us daily but you are slowing learning that your parents are on top of things most of the time and don't get away with much. You make me so proud and I am so happy that I get to hang out with you every day. Cheers buddy. I love you!
Love,
Mommy
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo















0 Comments:
Post a Comment