I didn't care about the comments. What really got me was that his hair was constantly in his eyes and I was always brushing it out of his face or wetting it down and combing it to the side so he could see. That was the reason for my decision ultimately. I figured the world is much brighter when seen clearly and not through wispy blonde hairs.
So yesterday, Jonah and I took a trip to my parents house for the afternoon. This is where it all went down.
Before the cutting starts..I had to pry blankie away so it wouldn't get hair on it
See what I mean about hair in his eyes...
It starts.. with A BANG
Bangs cut, candy cane securely in mouth.
Layering it up as candy cane juice runs down his chin
I'm not so sure about this anymore either baby..
Staying busy stirring things up with his candy cane
Starting to take shape
Got rid of the candy cane, too sticky and it was covered in hair
Making some finishing touches
I have to admit..I broke down and cried 3 times, only once this morning although I'm getting emotional now. If I could turn back time, I don't think I would have done it. I know it's only hair. It will grow back but it's not the same. He looks like a little boy now and has lost some of that "baby look." He is still gorgeous and he can see clearly now..although the rain is not gone..at least not from my eyes.















3 Comments:
Oh Jess he is precious. It will be all right!
He does look like a big boy, but now you can see his sweet smiling face! I love the new dew! "he can see clearly now..although the rain is not gone..at least not from my eyes." Oh Jess, you crack me up!
Oh what a big boy!!! I have to admit, I almost cried reading your blog. Like I really had tears in my eyes and had to look away. I'm at the point where I'm thinking we need to cut Gracyn's hair. Her bangs are always in her eyes. Oh and regarding your previous post...I'm happy to see he is still rear facing! Makes me happy!
Post a Comment