Saturday, March 3, 2012

16 Months

Dear Jonah Patrick,


  • You weigh approximately 26.5 pounds and you are very tall
  • You wear size 4 diapers and size 4 shoes which are getting snug. 
  • You wear size 18 month clothing mostly but can wear some 24 month
  • You bring all your blankets to me which can sometimes be 4 or 5 and then crawl in my lap to snuggle. You love to be snuggled with your blankets. I love it too. 
  • You can point to your body parts like eyes, ears, nose, mouth, toes and belly button. You lift your shirt and show me your belly button every time :) 
  • You love to feed yourself so we just give you a fork and let you go. You're very good -- most of the time. 
  • You've learned to drink from a straw and love sipping your drinks 
  • You love apples and bananas 
  • You say "mmmm" if I ask you if you're hungry or ready to eat. You sometimes rub your belly too. 
  • You can sign 'please' and 'more' but don't use them as often as you should. We're working on it. 
  • You're completely obsessed with Baby Einstein. You point to the tv and grunt until we turn a video on for you. 
  • You love making animal sounds. Your favorite are tiger, lion and bear (all sound the same), elephant, fish, owl and monkey. 
  • Your favorite books right now are "Who", "In My Pond" and "Daddy Cuddles". We checked out Daddy Cuddles from the library. You picked it out and kissed it. 
  • You love your Baby Bookworms class at the library. It is so much fun. We go every week.
  • You love your zoo talker animals. These are your favorites things right now. You line all the animals up on the couch one by one and then relocate them to another part of the house...all lined up. 
  • You love stacking cups and stirring things up. All you need is a bowl and a spoon and you're set. 
  • You love quiet time with your chocolate milk. If you skip your afternoon nap, we settle down on the couch with your blankets and a sippy full of chocolate milk and watch a video together. This is our quiet, snuggle time. I've been known to drift off for a few minutes during these little breaks :) 
  • You LOVE dogs and cats. If we are at the park or anywhere and you see a dog, you freak out and run for them. 
  • You climb up onto everything! 
  • You're still reading words like Hi, Dog, Elephant, Tiger, Arms Up and a few others I can't think of right now. It amazes me how quick you pick things up. 
  • You love bath time and if asked if you're ready for your bath, you run full speed to the bathroom and bang on the door. 
  • You love to brush your teeth after bath as long as you get to play with the sink and turn the water on and off. 
  • You LOVE to sing! I have to get this on video. You sing all the time and you have the most precious little voice. If I start singing Superbass (yes by Nicki Minaj..) "boom da boom boom, boom da boom boom bass..got that superbass" you start singing with me...you say boom boom boom :) 
  • You're sleeping all through the night until about 8pm - 6:30 in the morning...then you're up and ready to start the day. You do your chores every morning with your Dad. You pour food into Dakota's dish and help Dad feed the fish. As a reward, you get to drink a glass of orange juice with Dad before he leaves for work. You're such a good helper around here. 
  • You love to "help" me fold laundry and ride in the hamper while I push you around the house. Your helping consists of you pulling all the clothes out of the hamper and scattering them all over the house. You do this to folded clothes too...
  • You love my belly button which is amazingly already starting to pop out a bit. You think its hilarious. You rub my belly and say baby although I really doubt you have any idea what's going on there..
  • You are going to be an amazing big brother


I love you in yellow! You just got new yellow rain boots and a matching rain coat. It really deserves it's own blog so more to come on that later..
Peek a boo!
You are so precious
Reading flashcards
Cheese!
Instead of smiling for the picture, you decided to make monkey sounds

Playing with a scarf the library
You loved this
Passed out on the way home..had too much fun!
You love to wear my pink robe (or my uniform as I usually call it)


New playroom table!
You're not amused!

Just another day at the office

















I'm glad we got an extra day last month because February is just too short! Everyday is an adventure with you buddy. We play and sing and cuddle all the time. I thought at some point you would stop loving to snuggle with me but thank God it hasn't happened yet. I'm pretty sure I'm still your favorite person in the world and I intend to keep it that way. Daddy is running a very close 2nd, too close for comfort really. I will have to do something extra special for you to stay in the lead. Happy 16 months baby and as always, I love you so much it's disgusting!!

Love,
Mama
xoxoxooxoxoxoxox

0 Comments: