Sunday, September 23, 2012

1 Month!

Dear Journey,

I can't believe I am already writing monthly posts about you baby girl. I don't know where this month went.

Here's what you've been up to this first month

  • You weigh about 9.5 pounds and are so tall, just like big brother
  • You wear size newborn diapers 
  • You wear size newborn clothes but have started wearing 0-3 month now too
  • You wear pink almost every day  
  • You love baths and laying in the sun
  • You are still a little jaundice but doc says you're ok, hoping it goes away soon
  • You are pretty content and happy most of the time unless you're hungry..then you let us know about it
  • You sleep really well at night. Such a blessing. We normally go to bed around 10 and you wake around 3 or 4am, nurse and get changed then back to bed till about 7 or 8am.
  • You love to watch Jonah play and he loves to push you in the swing (maybe a bit too hard sometimes) 
  • You love to play with my necklace when you eat
  • You LOVE to be kissed and have your head rubbed. Sometimes all I have to do is kiss you all over your face and you stop crying. 
  • You have the most dainty little hands but long fingers. We think you will be a piano player.
  • You take a lot of cap naps but will take one long nap in the afternoons from about 12:30 - 4pm. This is so awesome and you are pretty consistent about it. I am able to spend some much needed alone time with your brother and get a couple hours of work in. (yea, did I mention I am already back to work..blah.)
  • You coo when you sleep and make the cutest faces when you are awake
  • Brother is still adjusting..but he is coming around. He goes to look for you if you're not in my arms or in your swing and likes to lay on the floor next to you when you are playing. When I ask him to give you a kiss, he licks your face...sorry kiddo, he thinks he's a puppy most of the time. He licks my face too. 


Daddy and his girls
 First play date with Walter Cain

 Call me maybe?





Basically, we're pretty smitten with you little one. We feel so blessed to have 2 beautiful, healthy babies. I had forgotten how fun it was to have a newborn around. I love to hold you and rock you to sleep. I love dressing you up. I love the way it feels to have you snoozing on one side and your brother cuddling on the other side of me. We do a lot of that. I seem to always have my arms full of babies and although it is hard sometimes, I couldn't be happier. Sometimes I look at you and feel like I've known you for so long. Maybe we were best friends in a past life or maybe we are just kindred spirits. I love being your mommy Journey and look forward to watching you grow and watching our relationship blossom. I love you baby girl, you are such a blessing to us.

Love,
Mommy
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

2 Comments:

Lori said...

Oh Jessica, she is so adorable and so kissable! I remember when we had you...I had so much fun dressing you all in pink, little girls are so special! I remember that feeling of having 2 babies on each side, you nursing and Jake sucking his thumb! Doesn't seem that long ago.....that was a very special time in my life and now you get to have those very special times...I love you sweetheart :)

Julia said...

I love this post! Happy 1 month Baby Girl!