Monday, December 31, 2012

4 Months

Dear Journey Kay,

You turned 4 months old (12/23) in the midst of all the holiday hoopla and I barely even noticed. :( This post is late and I'm sorry little one..we have been very busy and so have you!

Pic taken 12/31 - 8 days late!
  • You weigh about 14 pounds
  • You are tall and dainty
  • You wear size 3-6 month clothes, size 1 diapers and size 0-1 shoes
  • You are sooo strong and wiggly! We call you Smitty's Wiggler! You have started rolling the moment I lay you on your back. I have to hold you in place for diaper changes. 
  • You have big beautiful brown eyes. They are filled with innocence and wisdom. You are so very smart!
  • You have a tight grip and love to grab my hair and not let go. I find my hair twisted around your little fingers all the time! 
  • You love baby dolls and looking at yourself in the mirror
  • You love to watch tv, Friends is a favorite. 
  • You are a gassy little gal and make us all laugh when you start letting them go. Jonah always tries to work one up to join in. Fun times at our house..we all sit around and fart with each other then laugh about it.
  • You smile with your whole face. Your grin spreads out to your cheeks then up to your eyes and beams out to anyone who is lucky enough to see it. 
  • I sometimes wish I was a kangaroo so I could put you and Jonie in my pouch and carry you around all day. 
  • You love to lay on your belly to play. You will do a 180 turn so fast I can't believe it.
  • You grab onto anything that comes into arms reach and it goes directly into your mouth. 
  • Your favorite chew toy is your fingers. They are constantly in your mouth. Think we have some teeth on the way!! You love to bite on my fingers too. 
  • You love to watch brother play 
  • You still love your swing and will fall asleep in there all by yourself
  • You still don't have a room but we are making a corner for you in our room. I know, it's sad but its what we have to work with and soon you will have a nice big room all to yourself once we move. Soon baby, I promise. 
  • You are very tolerant of my scatter brain-ness. I will carry you around for 20 minutes picking out clothes, getting Jonah a drink, starting a load of laundry and all I intended to do was change your diaper. 
  • You are a good eater, eating every 1-3 hours. It depends on the day, you aren't really on any schedule. We may have you try some cereal soon once things calm down. 
  • You love your feet! Bare feet actually. You grab them both and roll from side to side! One of my favorite things you do right now. 
Lunching with Mema in Eureka! We were Christmas shopping. 
Your own little space! It's a pack n play but its all yours and it's filled with your toys. 



Had a blowout at Toys R Us and I forgot to pack a backup outfit!!! Amateur mistake. You rode home wrapped in a blanket wearing only a hat and socks :)


       You and Jonie both love the bumbo chair! 




We are a whole little family now and nothing makes me happier than being with you guys. We have a pretty solid routine down and things are going well. Your dad and I were talking the other day about how awesome things were going. We can totally do this. Thank you for being the best, most patient baby girl ever. There have been so many times where you could've been understandably peeved but instead you sat quietly and waited until your needs were met. I can't thank you enough for that. Situations where there could be so much stress were effortless because of your sweet, peaceful demeanor. You're a total rock star baby girl! I'm so happy you're mine! Happy 4 months Journey! I love you!

Love,
Mommy
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

2 Comments:

Julia said...

Your mom pretty much summed it up, but we love you too sweet Journey Kay. Happy 4 months!

Jennifer said...

Such a big girl!So pretty!!!