Wednesday, January 23, 2013

5 Months

Dear Journey Kay,

  • 14 lbs 6 oz at 4 month checkup (1-10-13) 50th percentile
  • 26 inches long 90th percentile
  • I'm STILL squeezing you into size 1 diapers. There's like 30 left so you'll be in size 2's soon.  
  • Wearing size 3-6 month clothes and a lot of 6 month sleepers. You're very long but skinny so 6 month clothes are way too big in the waist but 3 months are too short. You love dresses and will play with whatever frilly fabric that is on the front :)
  • You have light/med brown hair which is growing every day. I think you will have straight, fine hair like daddy
  • BIG beautiful brown eyes
  • Skin the color of caramel. You will always have a tan and mommy will always be slightly jealous of that. 
  • You smile and laugh a lot!
  • You seem to love meeting new people and don't mind being held by others
  • You love your bare feet. We love to watch you play with them.
  • Your nails are like razor blades only a couple days after I trim them. I am trimming and filing your nails all the time.  
  • You love the baby einstein activity chair. We finally pulled it out and put it back together thinking you wouldn't use it for awhile but you love it and can already swivel yourself around! 
  • You are teething and everything goes in your mouth. I gave you a frozen bagel the other day and it was demolished in minutes. You still chew on your fingers quite a bit
  • You're rolling everywhere
  • You love to be naked! 
  • You love baths. Jonah usually participates..he loves pouring water on you. I have to stop him from pouring it over your head.
  • You grab at everything these days..we had an incident last night. you were in your bouncy chair on the table while we were eating and you grabbed at the flowers in the vase which knocked it over, then that knocked over Dad's drink which got all over Jonah's food! It only ruined his squash so Jonah thanks you. 
  • You're sitting up better. Not steady by yourself yet but getting there. 
  • You ate rice cereal last night for the first time! You seemed to really love it. I only gave you a little so we will try more in a few days. I'm in no rush to start you on solids so the longer you can hold out, the better! 
  • Skin so soft that when I kiss you I could suck your skin into my mouth! I know that sounds weird but moms will know what I'm talking about! 
  • You're a champion nurser! I've been so very lucky to never have to worry about my milk supply. My body seems to be in perfect tune with yours. 
  • Since you don't have a room of your own yet you still sleep in our bedroom, mostly in our bed. We have been putting you in your bed around 9 and you will sleep till 12 or so and then you're in bed with us. 
  • I've been thinking of getting your ears pierced...















Well little lady, another month has gone by and you are now 5 months old! You are still so tiny though and love to be cuddled. I could hold you all day long but you are getting squirmy and love to be on the floor playing on your belly with your toys. You roll and position yourself so that Jonah is in view and then carry on with your business. Your love to sit on our laps and watch tv while playing with your toes. You absolutely love your toes and I pull them out of your sleeper or take off your socks so you can play with them. You like big toe in your mouth. Mema says I felt the same way about my toes at your age..we do have pretty awesome feet baby. :) We love you so much my darling baby girl. Happy 5 months to you!

Love, 
Momma
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxxo

0 Comments: