- You weigh about 17 pounds now. Still little but I see a little chub started to form around your legs and badonkey.We made up a little dance for you where you "Twist it and twist it and do the badonkey dance" This always makes you laugh.
- You're tall and your skin is the most beautiful color of caramel.
- You're still wearing size 2 diapers but will buy 3 the next go round.
- Size 2 shoes..some are still too big but 1's are too small.
- Size 6-9 mo clothes mostly but 3-6 onsies and 9 mo sleepers
- You love to play with the pull cord on the blinds as I change your diaper..your brother used to do the same thing
- You are crawling!! You've been very mobile since about 7 months but full out crawling started about 10 days ago. You get faster every day. You look too little to be moving like that!
- Whenever you are put in your highchair or bumbo, you better have food ready..like NOW. You are not keen on waiting and want something delicious in your mouth the moment you are set down.
- You are an incredible eater. I don't know where you put it. You eat whatever we're eating which is so awesome. You ate pasta, carrots and broccoli for dinner last night. Like straight up...no puree, no gerber..just pasta and steamed veggies.
- Your favorite foods are yogurt bites, cheerios, bread, crackers, avocado and bananas.
- You are talking! You said mama first which I brag about often then not a couple days later you said Dada. Now you are stuck on Dada and say it all the time. Dad thinks he's pretty hot stuff.
- You also wave bye bye! Been doing this since you were 6 months old. I can't believe you sometimes.
- You are so freakishly strong. When you're determined, it takes 2 people to change you.
- You take man poops now. It's gross and amazing to me that your tiny little body can produce such an impressive load.
- You and Jonah are best friends. You two crack me up. If one of you is upset, the other is sure to start screaming or crying too. If Jonah is laughing, you're laughing. If you toot, you better believe Jonah is working one up to follow suit. You guys are two peas in a pod. I think you plot against me and if I am laying on my back on the floor, you both attack me. You like to go for my hair and earrings while Jonah straddles me and bounces up and down on my stomach.
- Jonah has reverted to being a baby. A big one. If I give you a kiss and he sees it, he runs over and points to himself meaning..I want a kiss too. So I kiss him. If I sing a made up song with your name in it, Jonah runs over, points to himself and I have to sing a song with his name too. He wants to wear diapers like sissy, be held like sissy and eat food like sissy so at dinner time, I am spooning bites into your and Jonah's mouth.
- You like to eat grass when we're out in the yard playing but you don't like to sit on it or touch it really. If you're not on a blanket, you lift your little legs up high in the air to avoid touching the grass.
- You love bath time but like to keep them short. You're in and out in less than 10 minutes so one of us will get you ready for bed while Jonah splashes around a bit longer.
- You and Jonah play incredibly well together. I put you both in the living room and you guys will just play and play for hours. Seriously an hour and a half went by without a peep from either of you. You were just having a blast. The living room was torn apart but you guys had a blast. I've been able to get a lot of packing done thanks to your new mobility. You go wherever your little heart desires..mostly near Jonah and whatever he's playing with.
- You give me kisses when I least expect them but never on demand.
- You love to be outside and lay in the circle swing with Dad.
- You love to bang on things and make noise
- You're pretty attached to me these days. Your happy with Dad too but haven't warmed up to anyone else besides Papa. Mema is not amused.
- Your favorite toys are puzzle pieces, pacifiers, play doh animal cutters, zoo animals and blocks. You also love the bin that contains all the diaper changing essentials. You pull it off the shelf every chance you get and take everything out.
- You ate a cookie last night for the first time. It was a nilla wafer. You loved it.
- You still nurse on demand but only once in the night between 2-3am mostly. And really you've cut back in the last few days going 3-4 hours in between each feeding. You slap at my chest when you want to nurse and pull at my shirt and throw your head back until you get your way. No body ever accused you of being subtle.
Here's a short video of you crawling. You've gotten even better since this.
You've been a very busy girl lately. I love it but I kind of hate it too. I love that I've been able to get more done and have a little more time to myself but I hate that you seem ok with that. I feel like I haven't gotten to spend as much time with you or something. Your nursing sessions have definitely cut back, maybe not in quantity but the duration. You're in and out in 5 mins unless its nap or bedtime. Your happiest in the living room playing with your brother on the floor. You move about to all the different toy stations. I love to watch you play and hear all the cute noises you guys make when you think no one is listening. You light up the moment you see one of us and can instantly change my mood for the better. You love to pull your socks off and will crawl with them clutched in your hands all over the house. You are so strong and determined and this makes me proud because I know you will succeed in everything you choose to do. Your next achievement will probably be a nice big poop that will definitely have Dad's name all over it.
This is a long post but wanted to show you real quick a glimpse into your new room...
The picture above is way better than I could ever possibly do but we are going to try to come somewhere close to that. Gray walls, white furniture and pink accessories. I am in love with your glider and I can't wait to rock you to sleep in your new room!! Just a couple more weeks!
Happy 8 months baby girl!!! We love you!
Love,
Mama
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo








0 Comments:
Post a Comment