Friday, January 24, 2014

Journey Kay is 17 Months

Dear Journey Kay,

You are 17 months old! You keep us busy and have experienced sitting in time out more more this month than ever before. You laugh and say "time ow" I don't think you take it very seriously.


Weight is 23 pounds - 50th percentile
Height is 33 1/2 inches - 95th percentile
Size 3 diapers
Size 5-6 shoes
Size 18-24 month mostly

You love nursery rhyme books and Ring Around the Rosie is your most favorite. You run up to Jonah and say "hands". He takes your little hands in his and off you go round and round till you both fall down. Jonah can be a little rough and likes to pull you down then tackle you. You don't seem to mind much because then you're up saying "Agin Agin" You also love Humpty Dumpty and will sit on your bottom, pull your legs up and rock back and forth.

You still trip a lot and it's usually over your own feet. If there is an accident to be had it usually finds you. Wish I could put you in a bubble.

Time out has become a regular part of your day. You get into the dog food with your cups all the time. You wake up, run to your cups then plop down in front of D's dishes and start scooping and pouring. I catch you sometimes right before or sometimes when it's far too late and you're soaked and wearing the biggest smile. You put your full cups in the air and say "cups!!" You've also taken an interest in house cleaning. I've caught you on numerous occasions in the bathroom cleaning the toilet with the toilet brush and your hands. Once you couldn't reach the toilet brush so you just used your tooth brush. You say "I keening" These things put you in time out and cause Momma to buy new toothbrushes.

You have an amazing attention span. You will sit and watch the first 30-40 minutes of Toy Story. You ask for it by saying "Toy Store-nee-nee" You're obsessed with all things Toy Story. You also love books and will sit in my lap and listen to the entire story until its over and you say "Agin"

You say "peeez and dank you" and will randomly say "hugs" and run to me and give me a big squeeze. You love to hug me when you're in your high chair with messy fingers. You know I can't say no so I am sporting spaghetti hand prints on my back on most days.

You've been playing with your babies a lot lately. Woody and Cowgirl Jessie are your babies and you take them on stroller walks and lay them down and cover them with blankets and say "night night" You sleep with Woody every night and I sometimes hear "There's a snake in my boot" when you should be sleeping.

When walking somewhere you are either walking on your tip toes or galloping. You love to gallop like a horse.

You talk all the time. No big sentences yet..mostly 2-3 word phrases. Like "Got Go Pee Pee" You say this and make me walk you into the bathroom and sit you on the toilet. You then jump off and put the lid down and flush the toilet. You've never actually went but don't think it will be long. You also say "Good boy Daddy" when you're talking about Dad.

You call yourself Sissy or Sissy baby. You pat yourself on your head and say "I sissy" I've been trying to call you Journey Kay more lately but our entire family calls you sissy. If you ask jonah what your name is he says Sissy Pie. I've been telling him to call you Journey but his instinct is to call you sissy pie. I'm afraid it's sticking..hey at least it wasn't Fleeber although you still get called that a lot too. And Nitro. Nitro is probably the most appropriate nick name right now.

Favorite foods are avocados, spaghetti, cheese and crackers, yogurt and corn dogs with ketchup. You love ketchup and you'd probably put it on everything if I let you. Water is your favorite drink and you love to take sips of my coffee. You really only taste the coffee..I don't let you take swigs but you want to. As if you need more energy!

You know all the parts of your body and I've seen you looking in the mirror and beeping your nose. Haha!! I laughed so hard. I beep your nose all the time so I guess this is where you learned it. Dad's nose always honks.

We're working on colors and you've been doing really good with identifying objects in your books. I always forget that I should be teaching you this stuff..like I did constantly with Jonah. You're so smart and just seem to pick things up on your own and I take full advantage of that but I still need to give you that one on one time. That is something I need to work on.

You love Happy, your puppy and hold her tight in your arms while you turn in circles saying "Happy Happy Happy"

After eating a meal, your belly pouches out one way and your bottom pouches out the other. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen.
You still love shoes and hats and ask for your hat all the time. Anytime we change clothes or shoes or hats, you run into Daddy's office to show him. He is always so proud of your choices and tells you how pretty you are :) You say "I show Daddy"

You love princesses. Cinderella is your favorite and you pull out your princess dress and shoes and say "pincess"

You dressed yourself and asked for this "hat" They are actually bloomers but you said it was a hat and you wanted to wear it.  You and Papa both wear the same hats!



You and Jonah coloring together at your new desk Papa built you.



You are so silly!

You love taking funny face selfies


You let me paint your nails the other day. I didn't think I would get through one nail before you ran away but I was completely wrong. You watched me paint mine then i asked if you wanted yours done. You said "yep" So you held out your little hands for me fingers spread apart like you'd been doing this for years. I painted all 10 fingers and 10 toes while you sat completely still and waited for them to dry. Next stop...mani/pedis at the salon!! :)


You fell asleep watching a movie in your bean bag chair. So snuggly

Licking the ketchup off your plate...

My babies! i love you both so much.




You just HAD to wear your brothers Yo Gabba Gabba shirt. You spotted it hanging in his closet and threw a fit until you were wearing it. This picture is of you in time out. You put yourself there :)


We're still nursing but we cut out nap time feeding. BIG STEP! Today is day 4. The first day was Tuesday and Dad was watching you all day. I figured this was as good a time as any to start. Daddy rocked you to sleep with no problems. Wednesday it was my turn. You cried a little reaching for the boppy pillow. Why didn't I hide it??? But then you relaxed and I rocked you to sleep. Yesterday you didn't want to be rocked to sleep so I kissed you and tucked you in and left the room. You played quietly for a little while then fell asleep. I think you're ok with it. You still get nursed at bedtime and you get so excited so we will continue this way for awhile longer. 18 months has always been my cut off so we have another month. I'm so proud of you baby and proud of me. This month has been so much fun. You learn and say new words every day and I just love hanging out with you. You are hilarious and our little princess. Happy 17 months Journey Kay. We love you!

Love,
Mommy
xoxoxox

0 Comments: