Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Journey Kay is 3 1/2

Dear Joonie B Mayweather,


I can't believe I am writing this post about you. Wasn't I just writing this about big brother? Time is crazy baby and the older you get the more time plays tricks on me. Your tootsies peep out when you pull your blankie up to your chin. How did that happen? I think your blankets are shrinking because I just know that isn't my baby standing tall at almost 40 inches. Had to be the blankets shrinking.

You weigh about 36 pounds, maybe less right now because you've been sick and decided that the only thing you want to eat is yogurt or something sweet. You've been spitting food out that you once loved saying "I chewed it up too much and forgot to swallow." So you spit it out? I don't quite understand that one but I'm thinking food isn't tasting that great to you and swallowing hurts your throat so we're just giving you lots of fluids for now.

You've been blowing my mind lately with your drawing doodles. You can draw a person with a face, eyes, hair, smile, arms and legs. And you even put 5 lines on each hand for the fingers! So amazing!! I shouldn't say anything but your brother wasn't doing this until recently. Whereas Jonah got a lot (and still does) of hands on one-on-one learning from us you have mastered the "I'm just gonna do it myself" technique. God love you for it too. You just do stuff.. I know you watch but you're a do-er. If you want something done you don't ask or wait around you will find a way to make it happen. I will walk out of the room and come back to a kitchen that was obviously raided by a 3 year old who was thirsty. There is step stool by a wide open cup cabinet and little water dribbles from the refrigerator all the way to the living room where I find you proudly holding a cup of cold water. "I did it myself!!" you say and I tell you what a good job you did and that I'm proud of you. It does scare me and I wish you'd just ask but I also want you to know that I'm proud of you for taking care of things on your own. Guess I should put your cups on a lower shelf.

You love to play. You will sit in your room and talk and talk to your babies. I usually come in to find you with every toy pulled out of your toy box and all the babies in one area. They are all sleeping on mats with blankets over them and some even have a lovey. You're always putting your babies to sleep or to time out. And you feed them. A lot. Someone is always hungry and sitting in the highchair with a sweet and a healthy snack. It's just too funny to me to see you imitating real life with your little babies. I guess it's all you know so when you play I hear my words coming out of your mouth. I love it. I find myself saying things to you guys I've heard my mom say all the time. Never thought that'd happen but it does so I better watch what I say!

You are wearing size 4T clothes mainly and size 10 in shoes. You're tall and athletic and look like a little gymnast. You have the strongest legs and core. The other moms at gymnastics think I take you home and make you work out with weights. LOL You are rock solid but it's just natural. I promise I don't make you lift weights but you do help me unload the dishwasher.
You take care of all silverware for me! You're so cute standing there sorting the silverware into their proper spots. You have to get up on your tip toes to see inside the drawer but you do it so well and are always so proud when you're done and the tray is empty. We celebrate with a little dance and I tell you how helpful you are to me - because you are. Even when you're just sitting on the counter talking to me while I cook. I love that you are there with me right by my side. You really like to stir and love to pour the macaroni shells into the boiling water.

We packed up all of your pull ups and donated them to the baby class at your school. We celebrated with a trip to yum yos where you got to pick out any toppings you wanted on your frozen yogurt. It was the best day! You haven't had any accidents since and you love that you don't have to wear that itchy pull up anymore. So proud of you baby girl!

You LOVE to sing. You sing songs from church and songs you've learned at school but mostly you sing songs that you make up. They can just be random words strewn together or it can be a whole conversation you're having with yourself. We love hearing you sing.  You have the sweetest little voice. We will be talking to each other and just start singing to each other instead. A full conversation in sing song.

One of your favorite things to do is grab a stuffed animal and then ask me to make them talk. You love to have conversations with your babies so I speak for them in a silly voice and you talk to them. We have conversations about the weather, how we're feeling and what we're going to do that day. You tell me what to say a lot but sometimes you let me make up my own dialogue. Your such a good little mommy.

You love to be held. Your attached to my hip. I love it though really. Your my sweet angel baby and love to be with me at all times. I am your whole world right now and I am loving it.

You love to play tea party. I found this little porcelain tea set at a Rhea Lana sale and you are in love. I put a big towel down in the bathroom and give you a cup of water to play with. So you fill your little creamer and pour tea over and over. Anything including water play makes you squeal with delight.

When you get excited your eyes get REALLY big. You're so animated and we can't help but smile. It could be that a new Goldie and Bear show is recording on Tuesday at 6pm Central (which you repeat to me word for word) but you tell us with the biggest, widest eyes and it's just about the best thing we ever heard in our life. And it was for those few seconds I was completely drawn in and excited. You should be a story teller..like your Papa.

Your hair is still that fine, soft baby hair. I've trimmed it 3 times now and it still hasn't thickened. I love the way your baby hair smells after a bath and your big brown eyes. And those soft cheeks..oh my goodness. I'm pretty much obsessed with you.

You love to paint. It's an activity that we do on Fridays together when big brother is at school. It's something you look forward to every Friday. I had to restrict you from painting for a whole week though because you decided one day to go and paint on your own. And you wiped your fingers all over the carpet upstairs. It was a mess. I don't want to talk about it anymore but let's just say you lost that privilege until further notice.

Some other fun things about you right now:

You're brilliant..obviously! And counting to 100 with little to no help.

You sing all day long and make up your own songs. My favorites are the ones that have choreography involved.

You want to be a firefighter when you grow up. Ugh. Consistent answer for almost a year now. Scares me.

You dont like to pee on top of anyones pee and vice versa. 

Apparently, you can do everything "BY MYSELF" I hear you say it all day and I still don't buy it. 

You can trace and write your name. All I have to do is put the pencil in your hand the right way

You have days of the week underwear and never wear the right pair on the right day

You sleep in a shirt and underwear a lot because you get hot.

You get shy sometimes and don't want to be seen by anyone

You look more like my mom every day

We are totally and completely in love with you


























You kill us everyday. You are so witty and silly and we find it hard keeping a straight face around you. You're a real crack up and it's kinda one of my favorite things about you. I love being your mommy.

One of my favorite things I yelled out at our house the other day..just to give you an idea of life on the daily. 

"Jonah!! I told you to give your sister an air hole!"

I promise to always look out for you and make sure you have an air hole. God knows you need the extra help baby!
Have a blast being 3 1/2 Journey Kay. We love you so much it's disgusting!!

0 Comments: