Saturday, March 12, 2016

Down n Dirty 5k



The kids found leaves!!! Can't resist a good romp in the leaves. They were filthy. They call this the Down n Dirty for a reason!






Mom, Justin, Jessica, Lauren, Dad and Jonie in front
This was a fun race. I wasn't prepared for the gravel. Little things mess with me. A shoelace slapping up against my shoe while I run, changes in elevation, changes in running surfaces...I think about these little things as I run. Sometimes it helps keep my mind off what I'm doing and sometimes it just pisses me off but it fuels me. I always remember to tuck in my laces and try not to get discouraged when I'm faced with a rocky and muddy route. I'm getting better..slowly but surely. 
Mom and Justin both got FIRST in the their age  group!!! So proud of everyone and love doing these races with friends and family. 

♥Jessica

0 Comments: