Do they know you still love to be held and go on dates with your mommy?
| Walking to school on the first day. He cried as we were getting out of the car. But was ok by the time we made it to his classroom. So proud of him. This was hard for all of us. |
| His teacher, Ms Elington |
| We brought a picture of our family to school. He puts it on his desk every morning. |
I ask myself these questions over and over. I watch him sleep and he still looks like the baby we brought home over 5 years ago. He barely lets me kiss his cheeks anymore but that doesn't mean I don't try. I've walked away from dropping him off and cried all the way home...a few times. The tears have dried up now but my heart still aches each time I see him walking away from me.
I try not to think about it negatively though. He's not a grown man. He still needs me and runs to me with open arms after the school day is over. I still wipe his hiney from time to time when he asks. I wash his hair and brush his teeth at night. I even feed him dinner sometimes. He might be in Kindergarten now and stand almost 4 feet tall but he's still my baby boy. And always will be.
Here's to an awesome Kindergarten year at Willowbrook Elementary!! We're so proud of you Jones.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment