Sunday, April 16, 2017

He is Risen



























After soccer practice on Tuesday, Jonah asked Coach Robert "Do you know what my favorite thing about Easter is?" Coach said "what's that Jonah?" Jonah said "my favorite thing is that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead for US! He is risen!" Coach looked at him and I think got a bit teary as he said "I thought you were going to say candy..but you surprised me. Well done Jonah. That is the true meaning and I am so happy that is your favorite thing." He then looked at us and said "Whatever you're doing...keep doing it."

Jonah said he asked all his friends at school to guess his favorite thing about Easter and only one other student guessed correctly. Jonah is ministering and doesn't even realize he's doing it. Coach told him to keep being bold and telling his friends about Jesus. He said he would. :) I take very little credit for it really. It's all Jonah. His favorite book in the world is his bible. So we read to him and he reads to himself and he is learning so much. 

Oh these babies of mine.

Sweet Journey Kay is always the first to raise her hand in Sunday school when I ask what our lesson was about. She helps me with the younger kids in class and tells me she wants to be a mommy when she grows up. Like me. :) She's not as into the bible yet but knows all about Jesus and what he did for us.

I love teaching our Dolphin class with Justin at church. We sneak little smiles at each other when one of our students is especially adorable. He brings toys from home that he knows our kids will love and puts them on the shelf for them to discover. It's so fun teaching these little ones about Jesus and watching their amazed eyes as we read stories and do fun projects with their tiny hands. I feel so blessed to be able to minister in this way. I love children and feel so close to God when I am working with them. It's like it's what I was meant to do and God is smiling down on me and it just feels right. 

I couldn't be more proud of my little family and they're sweet loving hearts. Both my kids know why we celebrate Easter and I need to be more bold like them. I'm working on it. 

Happy Easter. Let us not forget the reason we celebrate.

♥Jessica

0 Comments: