Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Last Days...

I feel like the ending of school years come sooner and sooner. We sent Jonah off to school this morning for X day. I guess they plan to play tic tac toe or something. He has 2 more days after this. Justin and I are surprising him for lunch today. We're going to have a picnic on his classroom floor. His teacher set it all up. So fun! I can't wait to see the look on his face. He even questioned the weight of his lunch box this morning. We didn't pack anything because they're having pizza so we just gave him an empty lunch box. He never says anything about it but turned around before walking into school and said "hey dad, what did you pack me for lunch today?" I guess Justin just told him the regular stuff and he went with it but Justin said he was skeptical. That little turd. You can't get anything passed him.









Our sweet sissy pie was a whiny little turd this morning. Two turds. One skeptical and one whiny. This girl just couldn't get it together this morning but we tried to keep happy attitudes. She was cold and didn't like what I chose for her to wear. She went to the garage and put on snow boots after this picture. I wish I'd gotten a picture of that. So she's wearing this outfit with gray snow boots. Pick your battles, right? I kissed on her soft cheeks and Justin drove her to Ms. Amy's class for the last time. I am so happy we have one more year there but I can't even hold it together thinking about her graduating from there. Oh geez. One more year. 
Things are crazy here..we leave for San Diego on Friday for a week and we're all very excited. I have so many things to do and not near enough time. 
This is when I need to slow down the most. I am really looking forward to this vacation but we're taking a week off training, working and plan to spend the entire week watching my children play. They're growing at an incredible rate and as much as I try to slow it down I can't. Sometimes I feel powerless against time. Because we are. It keeps us all moving along.


Jonah's end of the year project was a presentation on a topic that he and Jade, a fourth grader that has been working with Jonah, chose. They picked Storms and had a slideshow and facts about all different kinds of storms. Each Kindergartner had a different topic so we got to go around the room and hear everyone's. 






They had Fun and Field day and I got to go and help out and play with my sweet boy. He was cold so I gave him my jacket. I rolled up the sleeves and left it with him when I left. He didn't want me to leave. It was tough. He never does that but this day he didn't want his mommy to leave. I had to though because sister had an event at her school too and I was chaperoning there as well so I had to go. Leaving him with my jacket helped though.






 

The weather changed and the sun came out for sister's walk to Dave Peel Park. I remember doing this with Jonah's class. So much fun! And they got to wear the shirts they made. JK got to walk with her bestie, Julianna. 


And eat gold fish...and swing in the baby swing...



These sweet babies make me laugh daily and love more with each breath. Here's to an incredible summer!!!



0 Comments: