Thursday, June 8, 2017

Vacation to San Diego

If I don't start writing more I am going to get so behind I won't be able to catch up. I have so many beautiful pictures and moments to share from the last few months and not enough time in the world to do it. So I decided to just start here. Where we are now and try to work in the older posts when I can. 
Our trip to SD was nothing short of amazing. We flew into LAX and then had a quick flight into San Diego where our badass minivan was waiting for us to reserve. 
We drove about 20 minutes (everywhere in California takes 20 minutes to get there. And the people who live there feel the need to tell you what freeway they took to get there every single time. I now know that the 5 takes you just about anywhere in SD and take the 10 if you're headed to Temecula and then the 15 if you're going anywhere else. And you're just about effed if you enter a freeway anywhere from 4-6pm.) Anyways....we did most of our living in a little piece of paradise called La Jolla. My family has had a condo there since I was born. I grew up on the La Jolla beach and played at Kellogg park since I can remember. It was so amazing to go back and see it all again with my kids. They laughed, played and explored the tide pools just like I did. My favorite cousin in the whole world and maid of honor, Leslie, came down from Hemet with her boyfriend, Justin, and spent the day with us on the beach. 
We celebrated my beautiful grandmother turning 80 at her house with a huge party. With family I hadn't seen in years all around me, it was a pretty incredible night. 
We ended with evening way too late (think it was midnight and the kids had already passed out upstairs..) but we ended it with a bang. My cousins and I formed a circle and sang our hearts out to Coal Minors Daughter...oh how I wish someone would've gotten video. One for the books. I know my Aunt Linda was there singing with us. ♥

We picked up Jones from school a bit early on his very last day of Kindergarten so we could make our flight...








We've arrived!! 





My beautiful mema at her birthday party
















Mema and some of her oldest friends, Jack and Glenda and then Brenda had all the cousins get together for a photo shoot :D












That was just the first night we were there! 





























This is my Mema's condo in La Jolla. Beach front!




More zoo pics! They are a little out of order. Some are from when we went to the Safari Park and others from the SD zoo. Jonah was walking on cloud 9 for days..


















All our little babies and the pic below cracks me up. Journey is cleaning Jonah's face with a wipe. Guess she was feeling motherly... LOL Sweet Jonah let it happen. 





Sweet baby fell asleep in the car and continued to sleep during dinner. I think her Dad is pretty smitten with his baby girl. Love the look on his face. Swoon...


This is Del Mar where we met up with my boss and had some pizza. It was so fun catching up and seeing him in person. It's been years. Gotta get a little face time with the boss with you can!











































We spent time in La Jolla cove, went to San Diego zoo and the Safari park which was amazing. We spent a few days biking on Mission Boulevard and rode rides in Belmont Park. Those were some of my favorite moments. We spent a lot of time with family which was exactly why we were there. We stayed at mema's condo which is beach front so we enjoyed our coffee watching the waves each morning. What a life!!!! Justin and I started looking at property and then laughed and decided that we will (have to) continue living in our little piece of paradise in the beautiful ozarks... for now. :) 

♥Jessica 

0 Comments: