We celebrated our sweet, beautiful boy at High Rise with all of his family and friends surrounding him. He jumped and played and opened his presents with gusto. We went home and continued our celebration by opening all of his presents and playing with each and every one. He was so good about thanking his guests and couldn't stop talking about how much fun he had. He woke to balloons and a decorated kitchen just like he has since he was big enough to care. He always has a hard time going to sleep the night before his big day and asks me if I will be decorating. I always do and have a such a fun time doing it. The look on his face in the morning is priceless. You can tell he feels so loved and special and that's exactly the reason I do it. He loves home parties best but we decided to do it at High Rise this year. It's just easier when we have a large group and it seems to get bigger each year.
It's hard to believe we are celebrating his seventh year. It goes by so quickly. I wish time would slow and I pray for it but it never does. We just have to embrace each moment and enjoy every second. He's already planning his eighth and I told him to stop it! I remind him he's just a baby and he's quick to tell me he's not and in 7 years he will be 14. Ugh.
I just love this 7 year old and it's been a fun year so far. He has some goals this year and they are the same as last year I'm afraid. Tying shoes and learning to ride a bike without training wheels are still high on our lists although he could honestly care less. I think it's more our goals than his. He just wants to be a scientist and read his books. I don't push him too hard. It will come when he's ready.
My boy gets older each year but he still loves to be held and cuddled by his momma and I enjoy it to the fullest. I hold him and kiss his soft cheeks and remind him daily how proud I am of him and what a good boy he is. He is a shining light in our house and we are incredibly blessed to be his parents.
What a great party for a great boy.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment