Sunday, July 22, 2018

Jonah Gets Baptized











This boy. This sweet, sensitive, God loving beautiful boy. He asked Jesus into his heart last year at vacation bible school and this year at VBS made the decision to get baptized. I told him there was no rush and that it was a decision he could make whenever he was ready. He told me after VBS on a Tuesday night that he had decided. Tears streamed down my face as I held him close. What a decision! This was not forced. It was all him and I have never been prouder. He completely understands what this means and did it because he wanted to. 
He's been nervous about it as the date approached and we've prayed about it together. He told me it was on his mind a lot and he had a hard time falling asleep the night before. I told him it was completely normal to be nervous because it was a big deal but that he would feel so good when it was over and knew he had done the right thing. The smile on his face as he exited the water was all the evidence I needed to know he was ok. He felt amazing and was so happy! We played and swam the rest of the evening with our church family and celebrated our sweet boy giving his heart to Jesus. Such an amazing night spent with all our loved ones, some who traveled a long way to witness the occasion. This boy is so loved and cherished and I know God was looking down on him that night with the biggest grin. He has big plans for him. I've always said God gave us a little piece of heaven when he gave him to us. Truer words have never been spoken. Abundantly blessed to be his mommy and I look forward to watching how God works in his life.

0 Comments: