You weren't into our little photo sesh this evening. You were hungry and I picked the wrong time but this is life and how you felt at this moment. You look adorable even when you're crying though..
Hi there sweetheart. I hear you downstairs fussing. Your dad has you and you want me. Well my tibbies.
About 45 mins later..I'm back and you're fed now and in your rock n play. I think you're sleeping or about to fall asleep. I probably don't have much time. I never do! But it's ok and I love this part really. You're so tiny and scrunchy and I could just eat you up. We all love you so much. You run this household for sure. You make a noise and we all jump to meet your needs. Journey holds you so well now. She loves to hold you and have you lay on her chest. She also loves to make you suck on her cheeks to prove you're truly hungry. Jonah loves you immensely and tells me daily "Thank you so much for our Jovi James..Thank you for having her." It's so sweet. He called you his pride and joy the other day at your hearing test. You failed your hearing screening twice at the hospital when you were born but they said it was normal for c-section babies. You just had a little extra fluid in your ears. So we went to the children's hospital in Springdale on the 17th and you passed both ears! Very happy with that news although we knew you could hear because you react to the noises around you.
| Very pleased with that toot and poop you just had... |
You love to nurse..like LOVE IT! You're quite the grunter and you snort sometimes too when you're nursing. You just really love it. Lol. You are so warm against me and you've spent practically the last 4 weeks in someones arms so when you're not in my arms or against me nursing I feel so cold. And I think you do too so I keep you bundled and swaddled really good when I know I am going to lay you down for a good nap. You sleep pretty good..cat naps sometimes and then other days you have long consistent naps. I haven't found a pattern yet really. You do sleep at night pretty good. Usually lay you down for the night around 9:30pm and you wake up to eat around 2-3am then back asleep hopefully until about 6:30 when the whole house gets up. Sometimes you sleep in and I sneak out to help your Dad get the big kids ready for school. We walk with them sometimes too and you love walks and car rides. And snuggling. Lots of snuggling.
Stats from your 2 week check up but you were really already 3 weeks..
Weight: 7 lbs 11 oz
Height: 20 inches
This is almost exactly the same birth stats as JK. She was 7lbs 11 oz and 20.5 inches long when she was born. It took you 3 weeks to get there but you did and I know you're even bigger now. You love to nurse and the doctor was very pleased with how much you'd grown. He estimated it at about an ounce a day which is perfect.
Your eyes are still blue!!!!!! This makes your family so happy. All of us were rooting for blue eyes and blonde hair and you have both. Your hair is a tad darker than Jonah's was at birth but much lighter than Journeys so you're probably going to be more of a darker blonde.
Oh Jovi James.. you were born at a time when I really needed you. I longed for you for years knowing our family wasn't complete. We were just waiting on the right time and little did we know it was actually the most perfect time there ever could have been. Your Papa passed away only 5 weeks before you were born...I needed you then and was so glad you were still in my belly during that time. I had you to look forward to which kept me going and now you're here and you keep me going every day..each moment when I look at you and your brother and sister. You guys keep me going and I am so blessed. Even when tragedy hits us like a bomb i am still blessed and grateful. I truly believe you are an angel sent to us from God to help us heal and know that there is happiness within all the sadness.
You're a blessing sweet girl and I love you dearly and completely. Thank you for choosing us and completing our family. J5 forever! Happy 1 month our sweet Jovi Jamers.
Love,
Mommy
0 Comments:
Post a Comment