Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Jovi James is 6 Months!!

Dear Jovi,



I seriously cannot believe you are half a year old. The time has just run away and robbed me. I have to say though that I've spent just about every single second of that 6 months with you in my arms or at arms reach. I've held you and spoiled you and loved on you for 6 whole months. I let dishes in the sink sit, I let laundry stay in the hamper for far too long and I go unshowered more often than I'd care to admit but I don't care. I've had you! I've enjoyed every rolly squishy part of you. You are by far the squishiest baby we've ever had. You smile with your entire body. It's so beautiful.

Here's what you've been up to this month:

- You weigh about 16 pounds
- You are a little shorty pie.. probably only about 25-26 inches long. We will get exact measurements on March 29th at your well check
- You had zero food or water until you turned 6 months. You've now tried avocado puree once, banana puree once and had red pepper, grapes and apples and ice in your mesh feeder. I bought a Baby Bullet which is just a blender and I've decided to make all your food from fresh produce. I'm hoping to only do purees for a couple months and then just move you right onto solids.
- You loved the avocado and ate off a spoon like you had been doing it forever. You amaze me! Maybe we just waited long enough for you to know what's up. I feel like if we had done this 2 months ago you would have had no clue how to eat. So I feel good knowing we waited.
- You loved the banana puree as well. It's so easy to make and  I feel so good knowing exactly what is going into your body. I can't wait to make you -- scrambled eggs and toast!!

We are moving very slowly in the food department. I'm in absolutely no rush for you to grow up. In fact I've been doing all I can to keep you little! Which is easy because you are so little.





 








 









-- You're still wearing some 3 month sleepers and onesies but are most comfortable in 6-9 mo clothes. The 9 mo sleepers are huge on you. 
We are best friends and I cannot get over how much you favor me. You're blonde! And you have exactly my eye color except I think yours are prettier. You have beautiful fair skin which I keep covered and away from the sun. You always wear your sun hat when we're outside and you look absolutely gorgeous in it. It was your sisters. You wear A LOT of her clothes and I really need to pull out all her old photos so I can do side by side comparisons. It worked out so well that your birthdays are only a month apart so the seasons of clothes match up perfectly. The only difference is you have been able to wear clothes longer than she did. 

You're sitting up better all the time. You still need help but you are so strong and love to play with your toys. You roll everywhere! We have to create barriers in the living room to give you boundaries. Once you roll into the couch you start rolling the other way until you run into the next border. :) It's so fun to watch. Jonie and Journey are obsessed with you..they love watching you grow and learn things and still to this day the first thing they want to do when they get home from school is see you and kiss you. It's their "Jovi time" and they look forward to being with you. Sister loves to hold you and carry you all over the house. She dreams of the day when you will share a room...we'll see how that goes..lol
You watch them constantly. Your eyes never leave them when they're near. I'd say you are pretty obsessed with them too.

You're saying ma ma a lot more!! The kids still don't believe me and haven't heard you say it complete yet but I have. I think you said it first at 4 months actually but it's clearer now. I bet in a couple weeks you will have mastered sitting up and saying mama. Oh Jovi, slow down a bit PLEASE! 

My beautiful, blonde baby, you are pure sunshine to my soul. 
Things don't always go as planned, we're late to most things and there's gonna be a meltdown or two along the way but we're doing ok. We're learning how to be a family of 5 which is harder than I thought it was going to be but we're getting better every day. You are the biggest blessing of my life and I love you so much it's disgusting! :D

Happy 6 months baby girl! 

Love, 
Mommy

0 Comments: