I pondered the idea for weeks and days leading up I asked her if she was sure that she wanted to be a skunk and she said YES!!! I went through our Halloween costumes searching for something.. I knew no one had been a skunk ever so I was looking for materials really. I found Journeys dark angel costume from last year and since I hated it anyway I decided it would do and I could rip it to shreds. It had all the black tulle fabric I needed. Next, I went hunting for a wired coat hanger. These are harder to come by then you would think. I remembered I had set some aside for projects some time ago so luckily I found one. Then I remembered about a scarf JK had that was stretchy and absolutely perfect...if I could find it.
I DID! So then all I needed was my hot glue gun and I was ready to make magic happen. I remember standing in the kitchen hours before the event...my mom was sitting at the bar pretty impressed that I had all the materials but still not convinced that I could put it all together.
The baby was still sleeping..I had time. The kids weren't coming home from school for 30 minutes...and the event was in 2 hours but I needed it done.
I started with the coat hanger and stretched and formed it first. Then I ripped up and formed the white scarf over the hanger...next I used a stapler to secure everything. Luckily the fabric was so frilly that it hid all the staples. Next, I grabbed that dark angel tulle and created the streak with nothing but fabric and good intentions.
I decided that I would use safety pins to attach it to her bum so I was good there. Finally, I needed something else. So I ran upstairs into the costume bin...and found a cheetah ear headband and a bridal vail. I wrapped the cheetah headband in leftover black tulle fabric and since the vail already had a clip in headband ..I knew we were good to go.
Sometimes the planets align and things happen. I didn't even know I had all these materials but we were down to hours and the baby was napping and sometimes.. just sometimes...magic happens. .
All it took was the look on her little face. I would do anything for that look. She is such a special little girl and I am so happy I was able to bring her joy on her big day.
We had a very, very happy little girl who sang and graduated Kindergarten like the stinky little beautiful mess she is.
Congrats to our sweet baby girl for loving her costume so much she wanted to sleep in it.
Jamers did great during the program and played and danced on her Dads lap the entire time!

Sissy kept showing off her tail.. Oh I love her!!!
We took them out to Chuck E Cheese after to celebrate our Kindergarten graduate. I still have a hard time writing that.
She ate 4 pieces!!!! She never does that.
She's been favoring a very lose front tooth so she takes a side back approach to all bites :D

I worried about her. I worried she would change after the baby came and she wasn't "the baby" anymore. It hasn't all been sunshine and roses but man alive. This girl has grown leaps and bounds. She's an amazing sister and I never saw it coming. She's hands down the very best sister there ever was. And I love this girl so much. She's my most favorite dance partner and she's like my most favorite friend.
Happy Kindergarten Graduation our beautiful girl. WE LOVE YOU! WE LOVE YOU! WE LOVE YOU!












0 Comments:
Post a Comment