Wednesday, February 19, 2020

17 Months

Dear baby Jovi. 








I just laid you down for bed. You actually fell asleep nursing tonight. You don't always do that. You like to get your milk then get down and play in your room. You get on your bunny and show me how good you're getting at rocking or you go sit in your chair with a baby doll. You love to cover your babies with a blanket and put your little finger over your mouth and say "shhhhh". Then you lay down next to them and pretend to sleep. It's the cutest thing ever. 
You get into everything!!!!! The moment you are awake you are pulling open drawers to take everything out only to disperse the items in all the wrong places. You love to get into your sisters room and climb up on her desk to play with her markers or anything that writes. You color on your hand then come show me what you've done. Luckily, (knock on wood) you've only ever colored on your hands and desk...the carpets, furniture and everything else has been spared for now. You love to be outside and it's been soooo cold lately so we haven't been able to get out much other than walking to get sissy and bubba from school. 
But today was beautiful. 65 degrees and sunny...we played outside all afternoon. You love the sandbox and jumping on the trampoline with sissy..You just run all over the yard loving the freedom. It's such a joy watching you and your brother and sister play. 

You were a bit sick today. I'm not sure what it is yet. You're running a slight fever, hotter at times but you're eating okay and nursing but more lethargic than usual. It may be teething or the beginning of something else. 
The Coronavirus has had everyone all up and crazy. Spreading like crazy but I don't think that's what it is. 
You are weighing maybe 23-24 pounds. I need to get you on the scale and by golly I need to measure you and put it on your height chart. So many things I am late with you on and I hate it! There is never enough time. But we do manage to roll around together on the floor kissing and hugging and singing. You adore me and I you! We are the best of friends and my days are made because I get to spend them entirely with you. 
You hold a pen or anything you're coloring or writing with perfectly. I can't believe it. You have the perfect pen position and you're 17 months. We always knew you were brilliant and you show us everyday how smart you are. You understand everything we say to you. I tell you what we're doing and where we're going. We talk all day. You sign so well now. You're vocabulary hasn't increased much since last month but you're signing has improved. You sign milk, more, all done, sleep, thank you and please. The thank you and please took the longest you do it now and even say the words. Thank you comes out as "bu-come" which we think is actually "you're welcome" so you're signing the correct word but saying the wrong one. Lol I love it. You're so much fun!!! I hold you and rock you and kiss you all day and you don't mind one bit. You love to be loved. You run to me when you get hurt and take all the kisses. I love this. 
Your hair is so long and beautiful. It's straight like sissys but a tiny curl at the ends at the end of the day. 































I love this picture of you and Daddy. You had just finished nursing and you had almost fell asleep but then you saw your Dad and needed some snuggles. I got about a 2 minute long video of you just laying on him and he plays with your hair and you look up at him and it's just precious. 
Your whole family is just obsessed with you and everything you do. You bring us all so much joy and I love you so much baby. You love getting and giving kisses and snuggling in bed watching your shows. You love to climb up on our bed, pull the covers down and then you snuggle in, pull the covers back on top of you and then grab both remotes and start speaking into them!!! We have voice control remotes and you see us do it all the time so you just grab the remote and start talking into it. LOL  You are so smart!!! You say so many words now and you sign a lot. You understand everything we say to you. As soon as you see your bro and sis grab their coats off the hanger you run over there to grab yours to put it on too. I have to tell you that they are going to school and it makes you so sad. You love going on walks and runs in your stroller. You're still the best running buddy ever. We went 6 miles the other day and you snoozed the entire time. 
I have had such a wonderful time watching you grow. It's going slow yet so fast too. I'm not working anymore so you and the kids and this house are my whole world. I get to devote every second to you and it's amazing. You love to sit in my lap while we read book after book and we sing songs and clap with our feet. You have the most beautiful laugh and smile. I love your little teeth and how big your smile gets when you see me. 
Oh Jamers, I could go on for days but am so behind I am trying to bust out a few posts today. I love you my darling angel and am so proud of you. Have a blast being 17 months!!!
Love, 
Momma

0 Comments: