Thursday, March 19, 2020

18 Months

Dear Jojo,




 
 




I can't believe you are 18 months old. It's weird but it's not. We've been somewhat quarantined for the past 3 weeks so this month Has crept by and I've loved it. You are so funny and into everything. You don't say many new words but you understand everything. You love to take the remotes and run with them and we've been without a living room remote for 4 days. We have apps on our phones now to control just in case. 
You really love to be naked and I always let you especially after a poop. You throw your little hands behind you like a super hero and run like the wind. 
You love all food usually and I love this about you. You try anything and usually love it. You love steamed broccoli that i make. It's only you and me who love it but we eat it all together! 
You are wearing size 3 diapers still and size 18-24 month clothes. You wear size 5-6.5 shoes  but rarely wear anything other than socks. You love to play play dough and write on your hands with markers you found from sisters room.. We often find you sitting on top of her desk writing on yourself  with whatever you've found. You also love to climb up on Jonah's chair and pull all the crayons out of his stash. Sometimes you eat them, sometimes you throw them on the floor. Either way it's always a mess getting you away from them and moved on to another activity, 
You weight about 24-25 pounds and about 32 inches tall. You are still really clumsy but getting better. You were found in the kitchen sink the other day...Dad was on duty and said he "looked up" and there you were in the kitchen sink with it turned on giving yourself a bath. 
You do love bath time and anything water related. 
You also love jumping on the trampoline with your bro and sis. They are gentle with you so I trust them to take you out. It's part of our outside time. Such a weird time right now so I let a lot slide. We're getting by on wings of angels. 
It's april 4th 2020 when I am writing this. You''ll be 19 month in 15 days. Ugh. Time. Doesn't matter if we're stuck inside or busy busy it goes by. 
We're still nursing..quite a lot actually. You find me on the couch and just pull my shirt up and demand the tib. I usually give in but been trying to distract you with toys too. It's a lazy comfort thing and if I am there then you will want me. 
You still get into the dog water and love to drop the hard food into the water bowl then you splash around like you didnt JUST get in trouble for doing that a moment earlier. 
You're not talking a whole lot more but you understand everything and will follow instructions really well. You love to throw away dirty diapers and help Dad take out the trash. 
You love to be outside. It is your happy place. Outside with as little as clothes on as possible. you have the sweetest nature. You love LOVE. Like you love to be loved and to give love. You radiate love and I am like magnet to you...so is EVERYONE. If you are in the room people gravitate towards you because you are so beautiful and loving and joyful. People want to be near you and I have a feeling that will never end. You have a way of just bringing people in and making them feel special because they are near you. Your are stunning and gorgeous and absolutely hilarious. I can't believe your Dad and I hit it out of the ball park three times in a row. I have to admit I had doubts that I deserved another perfect baby but low and behold God blessed me a third time. You are amazing. I love to roll around on the floor with you and kiss you a million times. I love to put you on my feet and pump you up in the air and then throw you up high saying HI-YAH! I love to count your toes and them pretend eat each one as you giggle it up. 










Still my favorite running buddy :D We did 6 miles this day! Our longest run in awhile. I set out to do 4 but realized you were sleeping around mile 2 and I felt good so I decided to just get it and we did great. You continued sleeping almost an hour more after we got home. I got to shower and everything! You're such a good baby. 


You know where your body parts are but always point to your ears with I ask you where your eyes are. :) You know your hair, mouth, toes, feet, hands, hair, ears and belly button. We always save that one for last. Your belly button is a blast. 
You really don't love diaper changes and I have to sing and entertain you while I do them or you're gonna give me a hard time. I cycle through about 5 songs before I find one you approve of and then you let me wipe the poo from your bum like the lowly employee I am. I am forced to sing The Wheels on the Bus while scrapping turds from your bottom HAPPILY before letting you run free...naked and turdless.  I always let you run off without a diaper after a poop. It's just common courtesy. 

 

 





 
 



























You are still nursing...I hear it from everyone. I don't care. You love it.. I love it..everyone else can just keep their opinions to themselves. :)
In all actuality.. it is 4-22-20 and you are 19 months old now yet I am just now finishing your 18 month post. We're supposed to be quarantined here and having all the time in the world yet I still struggle to find the time, love. 
You are amazing my darling. We are all completely obsessed with you. JK runs to you the moment you cry out on the monitor and plays with you in your crib until you're ready to come out. You continue to bring love and happiness to your family by simply existing. You grow more beautiful every day and I cherish every moment with you. 
Happy 18 months doll.  




0 Comments: