Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Sunday - Covid19 Style

It was definitely different than our previous Easters but the meaning behind the holiday remained the same. I made sure to talk with each of the kids separately and just asked them what this day meant to them and it blew me away what I heard. The both know and told me with their whole hearts their interpretation of the event and what it means to them. Jojo wasn't quite sure but we read and she sure enjoyed all the treats. :) 




 

Our beautiful Mema got Jovi a water table and got the kids a splash pad but it ended up being chilly and rainy on Easter so we did our hunt and playing a day early. It was still a bit cold though so not much water play was had.


My girls. ♥ These two are so in love with each other and I absolutely love watching their bond grow. I always wanted a sister and I love seeing it first hand what it's like...even if I have to save Jojo from her wrath at times..





 
 

Sissy found the golden egg!!!! It had $10 in it and she said she was so excited she couldn't stop shaking and it had been like 10 minutes. It really blew her mind that she found it. Justin hid it really well and it was the last one to be found. He gave out a hint "I bet you'll be so CHARGED when you find the egg..." They were stumped and looked for an additional 10 minutes and then Journey just looked at me and said.."well, he said CHARGED like it meant something...I bet it has something to do with being near a charger...(an outlet she was thinking) and then she took off running like a light bulb went off. She found it immediately and couldn't believe she figured it out before her genius big bro. It was really sweet and I am so glad she found it. SHE'S a genius and so amazing at solving puzzles.

Woo-wee snug in bed. She sleeps like this most nights..or right on top of my pillow. I usually wear her as a hat.


My beautiful Easter babies
 


I love this little girl. More than anything. She got these jammies in her Easter basket. They are PJ Salvage...the absolute coziest pjs you'll ever wear. She was so surprised and loved them so much she didn't take them off for 3 days...yeah..quarantined life. 



Jonie Bonie has been super into origami lately and also super into Star Wars. ...so what's better than to stuff his Easter basket with Star Wars Origami books??? He was over the moon. He is so easy to please and always super appreciative for anything he gets. I just love him and his sweet nature. 


Our beautiful church has been doing online services every Sunday at 10am and has been also been doing the childrens church. We go weekly to pickup the packets left under the church porch so the kids have their lessons and crafts. It's been really amazing being able to stay connected with our church family through all this. 
Easter is a special beautiful day that we celebrate regardless of what's happening around us. We cuddled up and loved each other and remembered why we do this day. It always brings mixed feelings of sadness and also unbelievable gratitude. I imagine Jesus may have felt similar feelings that day he decided to lay his life down for us. He must of been sad and angry and confused and may have even felt a bit abandoned. But he knew what he had to do and he also knew the reward he would be giving us which hopefully brought him joy in his darkest moments. He gave us life. 
I will never forget what he did and I will always strive to be more like him. He rose. The tomb is empty and my heart is full because of HIM.

0 Comments: