Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Virtual Half-Marathons

Definitely not my favorite race I've ever run but I am still glad we did it. I signed us up last year before the pandemic and trained for months so virtual or not I was running. Since Jake is in Dallas he had planned all along to come home and run with me. It was my Christmas gift to him and since they were shelter in place we had to reschedule a bit. Justin signed up for the Bentonville Half which was supposed to happen April 4th and Jake and I were running the Hogeye Half which was one week earlier March 28.
My first attempt was March 29 because the weather was best. I thought it was going to be cold so I dressed for it. WAY OVER DRESSED. I was miserable from about mile 5 on. It was a walk/run effort and my time was awful like 2:44 or something. But I did complete the run. 
I knew Jake was coming into town in a couple weeks and we were going to run again and I would take the best time. 


Mom and Jinny rode bikes beside us the whole way. Really took a lot of patience I'm sure because I AM SLOW. But they stayed with us and we finished. I can't remember my time on this race but I think it was around 2:30. So definitely better than my first run but no PR for me.



Justin's first attempt





He DID IT!!!!


Justin's second attempt


Love this pic of the babes..waiting on Uncle Jake and Daddy to finish the race


Tired but he did it! 13.1!


I don't think JK wanted to be in the pics..but I don't remember as I am finishing this post almost 5 months later. I do remember it was a hot day and although he didn't PR he ran a great run and did it with Jake by his side. It's such an accomplishment to run half marathons..to run AT ALL but especially this year after everything went virtual we still didn't quit. It would have been easy to but we kept training and ran the race not once but TWICE! Both times sucked but hey we did it and I'm very proud. Hopefully next year everything is back to normal and we can run the race like it's supposed to be ran. Until then we're just gonna keep on keepin on. 


0 Comments: