Tuesday, May 19, 2020

20 Months

Hi there baby girl! 

You took a nasty fall outside on the sidewalk and your beautiful little nose got the worst of it. I think you were in the dune buggy with JK and you went to get out and she didn't see and you toppled out right onto the sidewalk. It continued to look worse and worse as it got better. 


You girls are OBSESSED with each other























Oh Jovi, you are so much fun! I look at you and smile instantly. You have that effect on anyone you encounter. Brother and sister are completely obsessed and you have us all trained to do anything you want at any time to keep you happy. I just love your nature. You are the sweetest little person on the planet. You kiss anything and everything that brings you joy in that moment. You may kiss Lou 100 times a day or kiss sissy on her leg just because. You kiss the mirror if you're staring into it because come on....who wouldn't kiss YOU!?! You kiss loveys all day and put your babies to sleep with a blankie on top. You give them bottles and hug them close if they're especially fussy. You kiss their heads and lay them down. JOVI! You kill me most of the day with your sweet self. I just can't believe the empathy that comes out of you for us and your toys. You FEEL ALL THE FEELS but in such an amazingly calm way. You are chill most of the time really. As long as mom is close then you are cool as can be. You don't whine or cry. Just the normal amount of crying I would say but you are mostly okay with anything that is happening. You are definitely a momma's girl and love me most. We are still nursing and I get an earful about it on a daily basis but you love it and it works for us. You still run for your pillow and lift my shirt constantly saying "goo-ga?" I don't know why but you ask for milk this way. I always give in so we end up nursing like 4-5 times a day when I'm supposed to be cutting back. It's a hard topic and it's going to be very hard to break you and me. Mostly me. 
You love to be outside.  Front or back yard it doesn't matter. You put your shoes on and you just run! 
You're wearing size 4 diapers now and size 6-7 in shoes. You are wearing size 18-24 month clothes mostly and some 2T. You love to be naked! I always let you air dry after a poop so you will run away with your powder fresh bottom and bust into Dad's office. You especially love to run in there when he's on a call and he gladly scoops you up and shows you off to his co-workers via video chat. You are such a ham too. You wave and smile and blow kisses..he loves to show you off! 
You really love farm animals right now and make the animal noises all the time. Your moo is awesome and your goat sounds like a sick dying animal which is hilarious and i have to take full credit. My goat/lamb/sheep sounds awful!! I try to make it as realistic as I can but it comes out sounding like a combination of the three on their death bed. It's so funny because you do the sound exactly as I do! LOL It's just way cuter when you do it. 
You're getting so much better with your colors. We brought out a few books and have been reading them daily. You now point to all the colors when I ask you but sometimes mess up with yellow and purple. We're still working on it. 
You are super into Jonahs sink right now. I pretty much know when you run to the back of the house you are running to the kids bathroom and we find you on top of the toilet running Jonah's sink and you are dipping your fingers in and rubbing the water on your face..over and over. Fun times for me when I get to go in there and wipe up but geez I can't be mad at you! You are too cute and I grab you in my arms and we kiss and hug.
You kids are my very best friends and we've gotten so much time to spend together these last few months. I've loved it. 
I love being your mommy Jovi. You make me smile and you make your sibs laugh and you make your Daddy so proud. Louie is so protective of you. She guards your door as you sleep and is practically on top of you every minute of the day. She barks to tell me if the kids are getting close to you! It's pretty crazy. I have to tell her to back off sometimes. She wants to be laying on top of or next to you while you nurse. I have to shoo her away! It's ridiculous. She definitely thinks that she is your protector and that none of us are taking it as seriously as she is. 
But I am. I am always watching you and there to catch you. You are such an amazing person and your little soul is lit with joy. It's something you were born with and know it's something you will grow to harness and use for the good. You bring joy because you are joy and love and all that wonderful goodness that Jesus meant for us to experience in heaven. Except he gave us a piece just a little bit early. And I am eternally grateful for that!
Happy 20 months my little angel. We love you!!!

Love, 
Mommy

0 Comments: