Sunday, July 26, 2020

Prairie Creek Lake

Oh how I love impromptu adventures. It's Sunday and it was HOT and all I could think about was getting out of the house and going somewhere. ANY.WHERE. My sweet Justin saw the need in my eyes and suggested we go to the lake which is just on the other side of Rogers. We could social distance and swim and if we were only there for an hour it would still be worth it because it only took about 25 mins to get there. 
It took us about 30 minutes to pack a toy bag, snack bag and cooler and we took off. We forgot to bring a blanket to sit on or chairs but it wasn't enough to make us turn around. We had towels.. So we got there and found a perfect little spot under a big tree and lucked out to find a big blanket in the back of our car. I was lathering the kids in sunscreen when a nice lady came over and told us they were leaving and we could have their spot! It was covered and had a table and everything. Perfect timing. 





While waiting for the boys to change, she kept saying "beep beep" and slamming down on the horn. Good thing the sound was only coming from her little mouth and not the actual horn. 

The water temp was absolutely perfect but the company was even better. We were there for about 2.5 hours and loved every minute of it. We munched on the sweetest watermelon and wish I would've gotten a picture of the juice running down Jojo's chin. I'm not saying strategically planned out trips aren't wonderful but you really can't beat an impromptu lake day. Can't wait to go back..whenever that may be. 

0 Comments: