You turned 8 years old 11 days ago. We had a scavenger hunt set up for you to find your 8 presents. Your birthday was on a Sunday this year so it worked out really well. I can't believe I am writing about YOU being an 8 year old. I feel like this should be Jonah's post. These last few years have been a bit of a blur but you my girl, are always in focus. :) You are tall and as beautiful as ever. Currently soaking in the tub because you got a bad owie on your knee yesterday. You fell off your moped you got for your birthday and skinned up your knee pretty bad. We weren't out there to see it and it breaks my heart. You came running in crying and I scooped you up and took you into the bathroom to clean your cut. Poor baby. I guess you just took a corner too sharp or something. You're a little spooked about it now but I think in a few days you'll be back on.
You are loving second grade and being back in school with your friends. You wear a minecraft mask that you love and do so well keeping it on and not complaining. You guys are so much stronger than me. I don't know if I could do it but you guys say that you barely even notice them anymore.
You are about 4'6 or 4'7 now and weigh about 73 pounds. You are tan and still have energy for days. You don't stop until you sleep and even then you don't stay completely still. You move all over the bed and flop and your covers are a mess when you wake up. You just have a ton of energy.
We were getting dressed the other day and you had a new dress on that was a little big and your little nips were showing. I said "here, let me fix the back so your tibs don't show." You said the funniest thing that still makes me laugh..you said "Oh, don't worry..my tibs LOVE the outdoors!" LOL Oh my goodness Journey. You crack us all up. You're so funny and witty and gorgeous. You get away with way more than you should.
You're also the best big sister in the world. You love Jovi with all your heart and you are so good at taking care of her. I rely on you and trust you with her completely. Mostly. :) You love school and are so happy to be back. You still run to us the moment you see us at the cross walk and I love seeing your beautiful face running towards us.
You refuse to eat the apples in your lunchbox because "they're old" by the time you get home. If only you would eat them at lunch time then they wouldn't be "so old." You're very picky about your food. Better than Jonah but still extremely picky. I always thought you guys would grow out of this but it's still a struggle. One I rarely battle because it leads to arguments, yelling, tears..We've kinda given up for now.
You're reading the Babysitters Club series right now and loving it. I think Dawn is your favorite but maybe Claudia too. Your daddy reads to you every night before bed and it's such a sweet special time. You would love to have me more often but I am usually with the baby. I love the times that it works out where I can crawl into bed with you before you fall asleep and you love talk to me about whatever and never want to go to sleep. You really don't like going to bed. You tell me all the time. You get scared in the dark and you get scared when you close your eyes so you fall asleep really fast. I'm not sure why you're so afraid of sleeping and I wish it was easier for you. We got you a little stereo and light for your room which I think may help some.
You love to play with your friends outside. The moment you get home from school you bring all your stuff in then say "Can I go play now?" I say yes and you're off. We have a bunch of girls on our street that you love playing with so you're never short of friends. You guys pull every toy out of the garage and play all afternoon. I have to pull you in for dinner and you're begging to go back out after you eat. I miss you all the time but know I have to let you go play. Some days you choose to stay inside and I get to cuddle you. You still love to be held and cuddled but only when YOU want to. That's true with a lot of things really. You like to do things on your terms, on your time and that can be an issue sometimes. You're pretty sassy and get sent to your room often so back talking or being mean to Jonah. He's a sensitive soul and I wish you could be a little softer with him. There are days you two don't leave each others sides and there are days you guys can't stand to be around each other. Totally normal but I love the days you two are besties.
You're wearing size 8-10-12 clothes and size 4.5 shoe. You are losing teeth all the time and know that I am the tooth fairy but still like to play the game. Your dad thinks I should stop leaving things under your pillow since you know now but I just can't. You're still my baby and I'll be your tooth fairy as long as you want me to be.
We decided to just do home birthday parties this year because of covid and it was just fine with you. We did a minecraft theme (of course) and had a blast celebrating you all day. You chose to have donuts for breakfast, auntie anne's pretzel bites for lunch and we got you a personal pan pizza from chuck E cheese because it's your favorite.
![]() |
| The night before you turned 8 |
Clue One: The start of the scavenger hunt :)
Your big present! It was love at first site. ♥ I guess I didn't get a picture of you and all I can find is some videos.
Below are some pictures of the night before and setting up. Your dad did all the clues and picked the best Minecraft font he could find.
The balloon fairy came to visit you..even though your room was messy
Sweetest babies in the world. So glad your birthday fell on a Sunday so we could spend the whole day with you playing.
And let's get REAL...the pic below is how you feel about me most of the time. Ugh! You don't like your picture taken, especially on picture day in front of everyone at school. But really it's the pictures...you rarely smile for me unless I threaten you or something. LOL You're so beautiful and I love to capture moments so the one below is fine too. You're just as beautiful even when you're giving me the stink eye.
Oh JK, you're 8 years old now and I can't believe it. You're so tall and gorgeous and you love to play with your friends. You're very funny and witty and still as sassy as ever. You still have a problem with whining and get in trouble for it a lot. You like to do things on your own time and always have an excuse as to why something isn't done. You really do have the best heart though and always choose to do the right thing in the end. You're the very best student at school and excel in any sport or activity you try. Kids are drawn to you because of your sweet nature and silly heart and you always have friends to spend time with. You adore your brother and sister and help me so much with the little one. She looks up to you so much and you are usually quick to jump in and help me when you see I am struggling. You are an amazing daughter and I love being silly with you and talking in bed at night. You miss me a lot and I miss you too. I know Jovi has taken me away a bit and I am so sorry for that. It's hard being the bigger sister and I am going try harder at being there for you. I love you my baby girl, my silly heart. Have fun being a big 8 year old!!!! Slow down your growing please and give momma a kiss once in awhile. I am way cooler than your friends! :)
Love,
Momma





















































0 Comments:
Post a Comment