Monday, February 1, 2021

JK gets braces!

Sweet baby before we went in to get her brackets placed. The appointment before this one was worse for her though. They inserted an expander in the roof of her mouth and it's going to be there for awhile. It takes up a lot of her little mouth and it was tough for her to get used to it. I had to "turn" the expander every night for 6 weeks. It sounds super painful and a bit medieval but it wasn't too bad once we got the hang of it. I feel like I could be a dental assistant at this point and this girl is SO TOUGH. She can handle anything. 


She brought Minty to keep her company :)




AFTER! She chose lavender bands and they are kind of hard to see but she looks so pretty! 


Next visit she gets the wire added!! 


The most exciting part of getting braces is that you get as much ice cream as you want. :) She now has a big NO NO list of things she can't eat (mainly candy and sticky stuff) so we will make sure to keep a good supply of ice cream for her. 
She was also student of the week so we got to fill out her poster and have a color sesh. 
I just love this little girl SO MUCH!!!! And I love getting to spend alone time with her even if it's just a trip to the orthodontist. Time with her is time well spent. ♥


0 Comments: