In the blink of an eye..
Don't blink, you'll miss it...
Seems like yesterday...
And then he went to FIRST GRADE... he chose to wear the same shirt he wore on his first day of Kindergarten. It still fit!!!! He said he wanted to make it a tradition and I supported it but was unsure how long the tradition would last. :) This was the last year BTW.
They're so right. I hate to admit it but it's happened in our house. My baby Jonah has graduated 4th grade at Willowbrook which means that he will no longer be walking through those doors and he will be walking through a whole new set of doors come Fall 2021. The Bright Field doors. The Aviators. I'm not ready and I know my baby isn't either. It does seem like yesterday that he first walked through those doors and he was only 5.
He wore his red shirt with an elephant on it because it was his mascot and he's got school spirit.
He was busy picking a wedge. I added a couple pics of sissy below because oh my goodness. What a cutie pie!!!! I have been blessed with beautiful babies!
| Still gives me this look today except more sass from the mouth. Same eye sass. |
And then he went to FIRST GRADE... he chose to wear the same shirt he wore on his first day of Kindergarten. It still fit!!!! He said he wanted to make it a tradition and I supported it but was unsure how long the tradition would last. :) This was the last year BTW.
And then SECOND GRADE! (and miss sissy started Kindergarten!!)
And then THIRD GRADE happened !!!!! And beautiful Mrs. Vaught came into our lives and his third grade year came to an abrupt stop (and so did everyone elses) in March 2020 when covid hit. Schools closed and we finished third and first grade virtually. Mommy became a teacher!
Third grade ended abruptly when covid hit and we all went virtual from March 2020 - May 2020. In August, 4th grade started back in person but with masks..the kids were honestly just so happy to be back in school!
Fourth grade starts in a whole new way! Covid style!
And then today we watched, from a distance, as our baby Jonah did his 4th grade walk...wearing a lei he got from his Kona Ice purchase. :) Sweet baby waved and smiled even though he's been battling a bad cough and runny nose. He stayed home Tuesday to rest and get ready for the Wednesday Walk. I am so glad the weather held out (been raining for days.....) and covid restrictions lifted a bit and let us have this event.
Ashley and Jonah. She was a very good friend to my boy this year. She, Travis Teer and Jones created a very tight bond and I hope it continues. Jonah and Ashley got Best Sportsmanship awards this year. The only 2 selected for this award in all of 4th grade. She's also a TREC student like Jonah. Smart, beautiful and goofy. A kindred spirit some might say. Future wifey, others might say. :)
Mrs Lichlyter! I didn't get to know her well. It was such a weird year where we had to distance ourselves not only from the staff but from the entire building. I'm used to being hands on and involved so it was hard this year. Felt so disconnected from this part of my kids world but honestly, they killed it. Just shows that Justin and I have prepared these babies for more than we thought. They were brave and resilient adapted like the bosses they are.
Jonah walked away with his class award of Best Attitude and an overall school award (only 6 4th grade students were awarded) of Best Sportsmanship. That pretty much means that this handsome gentleman was recognized as being KIND to others. Sweetheart to all. Pretty much sums it up. This little man has been such a sweet heart from the moment he came to be. Such a gentle little baby in my belly but then so very loud when he came out but only because we hadn't learned how to care for him yet. Once we learned, and are still learning, it was like breathing. He is the best son I could have ever longed for. He is our first and only boy and he is so special and I just love that he has impacted so many people at Willowbrook. The teachers and staff here are top self. They will not be forgotten. He will not be forgotten. You can't forget legends.
Congrats to Jonah Patrick for all of his accomplishments in his elementary years at Willowbrook. Each and every year has been a blessing and I know it's because of the amazing staff and the love of learning from a little boy named Jonah.

























0 Comments:
Post a Comment