Sunday, July 4, 2021

4th of July!!

You really can't beat summer time on Beaver Lake. We're lucky enough to have my parents boat in a slip ready to go at whenever we want.
All we really need is refreshments and chips. I've stopped packing anything else. The kids can survive on this alone and when we get real hungry we order pizzas from the marina and drive the boat to pick it up. 








The kids flip off the rubber dockie hundreds of times. We float and we "check the boat" just like Dad taught us. 
There is something really special about being on or near the water. Whether it be the beach, a creek, the river or most of all, Beaver Lake. My dad and water went hand in hand. I've always loved the water but I do fear it as well. Dad did too. He probably wouldn't want to admit it because he rarely admitted faults but he did fear the water at times. As one should. 
I do love being out there though. I am the first to suggest a lake day before it's even hot enough and the last to mention (and hope Justin says yes) before fall hits. It's where I feel happy. My happy place. 
After all - they say water has memory. 
Or that's what Olaf says at least. :)




Happy Fourth of July for the 244th time America. You're starting to look a bit ragged but once you shake this Covid stuff I think it will help with the aging. 

0 Comments: