You are three years old today and I don't think 3 years has ever gone faster. It's like you were born and life went into warp speed. The only one who can keep up is Louie who is at your feet 24/7. You know your birthday is coming up but I don't think you really understand what it means. You tell us your name is "Baby JoJo and I'm Two!" You hold up 2 fingers and do it confidently. Journey Kay taught you how to hold up 3 fingers and you can do it but you're definitely not confident about it and always forget and get mad when we correct you. You'll get it soon!
You spend about 80% of your time outdoors. You wake up about 6:05am and crawl out of your crib (we need to drop it down to a toddler bed like 2 months ago) so you walk into our room and crawl into bed next to me and usually ask for belly. Yes, you still love to pull up my shirt and play with the excess skin on my belly. It brings you comfort and I don't mind, mostly. So after fondling my belly skin for a few minutes you usually ask for apple juice and mussins (muffins). We watch Paw Patrol or Bubble Guppies..sometimes we watch the PBS channel and just watch whatever is on. Sometimes it's Clifford, Curious George or if we're lucky and it's late enough (7am) we get to watch Daniel Tiger. I am also half asleep at this time and trying to find more belly to keep you satisfied. Dad will sometimes offer belly time and you'll go for it...sometimes. It's not the same.
You can sing ABC's...mostly. You can count to 10..mostly and know a lot of shapes and colors. You really don't love learning. There I said it. I don't like it. It's not something I am used to. JP and Jk were so easy and love to learn. You're tough. I know you know everything but you are so stubborn and don't like to show me your knowledge. I have to get really creative in order to get you to show your skills. I used to point to letters or numbers to your bro and sis and they would immediately shout out what it was. You don't do that yet.
I'm listening to Less Than Jake right now if you're reading this. It's the Thursday before your birthday. You played hard today. Took a huge poop in the potty today! Did I forget to mention you're potty training?!?! Big deal around here. You've been doing a great job but you're not completely consistent yet but so proud of the progress you've made. You like your privacy and ask that I remain out of the bathroom especially when you're pooping but you've always been like that. Even in diapers you would sneak away and do your business. I come in at the end and help with with the wiping.
You won't wear anything but dresses or something that twirls. You mostly want to wear a princess dress and heels and it's all you girl. I wish you would wear the countless cute outfits waiting for you in your closet but NO the Elsa dress that you've been wearing since you turned 2 wins again. Or the Anna dress, or the bunny dress that the lace is ripping from constant use or the long, soft white one that you love to wear but fall each time because its's too long, You lay outside in nothing but underwear and come inside when a bug bites you. You let me put the cortizone cream on and you call it lotion. It's your best friend. You jump on the trampoline 47 times a day and each time I have to clean your feet because they are black. You go from the sand box to the tramp to the water table to the swing set and then occasionally to the green house. You are filthy 75% of the time and we change outfits at least 3 times a day. Both of us. We play hard. I love playing with you. You bring me so much happiness Jovi. You get in your stroller about 7:15am usually with apple juice, a blanket and a lovey and you get strapped in. We walk Jones and JK to school and you constantly ask to get out and walk. You reassure us that you will stay close and listen. I don't even believe you. Not for a second.
We tell you that you can walk when we are out of the school zone which is around the Brighton Heights sign. We stop the stroller and release you from your prison. You get so happy and take off running the straight stretch home, Your long blonde hair lets loose and I can't even believe there's ever been a more beautiful sight then you running full speed towards the sun as your golden hair follows behind.
You stop when you can't run anymore and reach those little arms up to me and say "hold me, mommy." I scoop you up in my arms and hold you best I can. I have to say that this is August, September in Arkansas and it's hot babe. I'm talking feels like 95 degrees and I'm usually carrying someone's backpack, lunch box, project and then choose to pick up my 33 pound newborn. :) I'd carry you anywhere though.
You love to dance and love music! We dance daily and I find it's pretty much the best part of my day. You don't mind that I don't have any moves and you don't care when I try to have moves. You just dance and you're you and I'm me and it's like a breath of fresh air. YOU are a breath of fresh air. You're amazing Jovi. You really are. You're smart and beautiful and funny and sweet. You're sensitive and sincere. I feel like I've always known you or something....you're a friend too. Me you and Journey Kay are best friends. And Mr Jones and your daddy, I swear girl ... we hit the jack pot when it comes to family. I married my best friend and then boom we had 3 more best friends. It's like we're a best friend making factory. Seriously though you guys are our life and we feel incredibly blessed to have each one of you.
These last three years have flown by but I can remember your tiny sweetness and the moment I first laid eyes on you. You're my mini!!!
I went and had my nails done tonight and kept them super long. I really despise typing with long nails. I am slow and typo prone already and then add 2 inch long nails and I'm a monkey with a keyboard.
You are 41 inches tall and 34 pounds. you are wearing size 2-4T clothes and prefer princess dresses over anything else.
You are an absolute joy to be around and have brought more love and light into our lives than I ever thought imaginable. You are very loved and adored by all who lay eyes on you. Have a blast being THREE baby girl!!!!!!
Love,
Mommy
0 Comments:
Post a Comment