We spent our summer road tripping to Arlington, Texas for some Six Flags fun. The drive was great. It's really not very far. I think it took us 5 hours and I don't even think we stopped once. The kids are such great travelers. We love taking them to new places.
My sweet baby Justin always drives us everywhere. I offer but he likes being in the captain seat and really I thrive as a passenger. I can take care of the kids easier and I like naps. :)
Girl loves her some hot cheetos :) Just like her daddy.
The next photos are out of order but too hard to organize. We went to Six Flags the first day and it was brutally hot and some rides were unrideable due to the metal seats and the fact that they were probably close to 120 degrees. We had a jacket to lay down but mostly avoided these types of rides.
This was one of them. CAUTION - hot seats. They weren't lying. We laid down blankets but this was the only ride worth it.
I am so proud of Journey Kay!! She conquered her fears of roller coasters and fell in love with the thrill. Jonah doesn't ride them and the baby was too little for the big ones so I would ride with JK and then since the lines were so short Justin would go with her again. We did this all day and got to ride everything multiple times without waiting. It was worth the scorching temperatures for sure.
We organized our trip in the hotel room together so we knew where to go in each area and which rides had priority. :) Then we would watch trailers of each ride on their website. It was so fun.
Tired baby. We were on the move quite a bit during our stay so when we did have down time we all rested.
Can't believe how long she looks below!
Got these pictures while I was running on the treadmill. The workout room overlooked the swimming pool so I got to watch them play while I got a run in.
She LOVED this. Unfortunately, it didn't last long due to the heat and the fact that she ran through every misting fan she saw. But it was adorable while it lasted and she felt so special and showed it off to anyone who would pay attention.
Below are the only pictures we got of the next day which was at Hurricane Harbor. We left our phones in the locker because we didn't have waterproof cases. Looking back we wish we had them because Jonah, JoJo and I got stuck in line for a water ride for over an hour which was unexpected and we had no way of letting Justin and JK know where we were. But it was a fun day spent in the lazy river, wave pool and riding some really great water slides.
My sweet, handsome Jonah looking more like his daddy every day
Last day was Six Flags again to ride all the rides we didn't get to on Day 1 and ride some of our favorites again and again.
Love these pictures and the one below is special because it was one of the only rides all 5 of us were able to ride together and we couldn't believe that JoJo was able to ride all by herself!
Boss baby :)
Heading back to Arkansas..it was a wonderful trip but always so good to go home. A great way to start our summer and we made some memories that I will never forget.
Happy Summer 2022! Let the fun begin!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment