Monday, September 19, 2022

JoJo James is 4 Years Old


Miss Jamers. I cannot believe you are four years old. I can barely say it. It doesn't seem like you have been out of my belly for FOUR years but here you are looking everything like a four year old should. Even taller I should say. People mistake you for being 5 and of course they are insane. You are still and will remain everyone's baby and curl up in my lap like you have your whole life and ask for belly. Or bell bell like you say sometimes. You look up to me with those big blue eyes of yours and say with a tilted head "bell bell?" How can I say no? Of course we can have belly time! It's weird I know and I just don't seem to be able to care. 







You are just a light Jo. We absolutely adore you. Since the day I met you things just felt right. You were meant to be our baby and living life with you brings us all so much joy and laughter. 









You are tall like I never knew you would be. You are silly and absolutely gorgeous like I always knew you would be. You are in preschool at Noah's Ark just like your big bro and sis were. You are in Ms Beth's class (Elizabeth Bush) with a few friends. You still speak ill about "boy Harlow" who is not in your class (thank goodness) but "girl Harlow" is and she is your friend on some days. I have a feeling she's "one of those" but I'm gonna have to let you figure that out on your own. Speaking of "your own" when you talk about doing something..it's never "I did it by myself!" You say "I did it BY MY OWN!" This applies to anything you do by yourself and it's my favorite thing you say right now. You are completely potty trained which I have failed to blog about mostly because you just caught on so fast it wasn't even something I thought to mention. You have been pee pee potty trained since you were TWO but the poop took a minute. You were about 3 years, 6 months old when you finally trusted the potty enough with your poop. Since you did it you have been completely potty trained minus one time when you were sick and you peed the bed. You've really been so amazing and made it so easy for us. 
You are an absolute princess. Like you LOVE dressing up in dresses and all the accessories. You wake up sometimes and run straight for your closet to change into something "more beautiful" you say. You like your hair down and long like Rapunzel and want to grow your hair out just like hers. There are dresses you put on that change your entire personality. Like you are just feeling yourself completely. You strut out of the room and wait for someone to notice you. LOL You wore your "wedding dress" today and begged me to put some butterflies in your hair before we left. You said  "I have never been styled like this before.." You were so mad at me about the butterfly placement and said "it's not in the positioning that I wanted!" JoJo. I just laugh because I am completely smitten with you. You need way more time outs then I give you and I fear I am creating a monster. Your dad is scared of all us girls, including Louie. The poor boys.





_This is being edited and added to on January 31 2023! You have been four for over four months now. We got several (16 or more) inches of sleet and it's freezing. 










- Again - edited - April 25 2023 - I cannot believe it's taken me this long to finish and publish this post. I'm sorry baby girl. We stay so busy and somehow over the years, my blogging has taken a back seat when it should be riding shotgun!.
So about you - you are now closer to being 5 than 4 and my heart constricts when I say that. How can it be little one? We stay so busy these days and I know that is part of it. I love the days when there is not a thing on the calendar and we have the day to ourselves to do whatever we want. You usually choose to play barbies or babies or we craft. You LOVE to craft and do anything that involves coloring, gluing, cutting, glitter and pom poms. Ms Beth says that you are her best artist and you commit to your color sheets more than anyone. She has your artwork hung up in your classroom and you told me that yours are the only ones up there. :) She said the other kids don't put much effort so I guess they don't make the cut for Ms. Beth's wall. I know this makes you feel so proud of yourself. I just love the way you show love to everyone around you and how you are so friendly and sweet to little ones you meet. You love babies and you love making new friends. You are so brave and will walk right up to a little girl who catches your eye and ask her to be friends. You are loving and you share and you are always the first one on the scene if someone is hurt. At home too! If JK gets hurt on the trampoline or anyone in the house is hurt or ill you are the the first one there with the first aid kit and usually an ace bandage.
We all carry you around all day like you don't have legs or can't walk. You definitely do have legs and can actually run quite fast but we still carry you. You will always be our baby JoJo. 
You weight about 40-42 lbs and are 45 inches tall. You wear size 4T-6T in clothes and prefer dresses to anything else. You wear size 11-12 in shoes. You love to dance and I HAVE to sign you up for ballet class. It's really the best first step to take in dancing. I have a feeling you will want to perform and dress up and do hair and make up and all that and I just don't know how your Dad and I feel about that. We'll start with ballet and see what happens.
You are VERY smart and your common sense blows me away. You ask the coolest questions and come up with really original solutions to problems. You do struggle with memorizing letters and numbers though. You're getting better and we work at night but it's not something you are interested in so we have to be creative in ways to get you to learn. You'd rather be coloring, gardening or dancing. Me too, babe :)
Ok, I gotta wrap this up or it'll be your 5th birthday and I'll be that much more behind. 








You changed our lives when you were born sweet heart. You've been a light and continue to shine your love on all of us. I love watching you grow but also love that you are still little. I love our cuddle sessions laying on the heating pad watching whatever show you choose. Usually my little pony or Story Bots. You ask for belly and specifically "soft belly". You bring us the type of joy that you read about. That feeling in your heart that softens and warms and explodes all at the same time. I told you when you were born that we apologize for being obsessed with you and we are all still sorry but not sorry. :) We love you JoJo James. Have a blast being 4 (for another 5 months)!
Love, Mommy

0 Comments: