Saturday, September 17, 2022

Worst Race Ever - 5K

Justin and I signed up for this 5k a few months ago and knew it was going to be fun. They set it up like it's going to be awful but really it was super easy and fun the entire time. We loaded baby JoJo into the Bob and took off at 7am around Sugar Creek elementary school. Jonah and JK opted to stay home since it was going to be a quick one. It took about a quarter mile to find our pace and get around all the people and when we did it was smooth sailing. I had to tell Justin to slow down once in awhile because he is so speedy and I am NOT but I still ended up running way faster than I usually do and I felt good the whole time. 
JoJo was busy watching all the activity around her as Yeti's, bananas and mustard costumed people jumped out from all over. 




We finished strong with a time of 31:59. It really was a lot of fun. It's always my favorite when I get to run along side Justin and an extra little JoJo bonus. She's always been the best running buddy. The last time I crossed this exact finish line she was in my belly actually. And I got 3rd in my age group :) I think I was about 20-21 weeks pregnant at that time and I remember my mom and dad showed up to surprise me. It was a great day.
This too ended up being a great day racing the worst race ever with the absolute best running buddies.



0 Comments: