Tuesday, September 19, 2023

JoJo James is FIVE!

 Hi there my baby Jo,






















I am writing this a few months late so you are now 5 years, 4 months old. We are upstairs this Sunday morning letting your Dad sleep in since he was up so late working. You are currently watching a dragon movie and every time I look at you, you beam a smile back at me. You are so beautiful and sweet. We all adore you and carry you around all day even though you can walk very well and have been walking for years. We just can't seem to put you down. ;) You don't mind at all and play into the baby role quite well. 



You are TALL! I never knew you were going to be so tall but you are and I think you may even be taller than JK was at this age. I think you are now somewhere between 48-50 inches tall. I am going to get exact measurements though. You weigh somewhere around 46 pounds...I'll get the exact on that too. You had a well check that said you were in the 90th percentile for height and weight so that means you're a champion.

You say the sweetest things to me. The other day out of the blue you said "I'm so sorry your Dad died. I bet he would have really loved seeing you as a mom." I mean...talk about the sweetest way to break my heart. lol You are the kindest, sweetest human on the planet. You feel all the feels and are so empathetic for someone so young. You're very thoughtful too and teachers at school say you always stay back and help clean up and hold doors...That is just you, You're so fun to be around and make us laugh all day with the way you sing-song talk and when you hear music you immediately need to get up and dance. If you're really feeling it you will disappear for a bit and return in full costume and props. Always in heels. Lately, you've been loving wearing one of your blankets like a cape and wish that it was attached to your arms so when you spread out your arms the cape spreads too. I think I am going to try and sew something together :) 








You love your brother and sister and tend to hang with JK a lot. You two have a very special bond. It must be a sister thing. I love that they both love you so much. You make it easy although sometimes you like to annoy her. Typical sibling stuff.

You still love belly time and I love it too. We cuddle together on the heating pad and watch shows while you pinch the lose skin on my belly. Totally weird I know and I would never let anyone but you do it. You are just so sweet and really have the sweetest heart. You think of others before yourself and show genuine concern when others may be sad or hurt. I love watching you make new friends, which is often and everywhere we go. You are bound and determined to find a friend the moment you get an opportunity. I just love your confidence and you do always find a friend. 

You love to dance and you love music. It's one of my favorite things to do is watch you dance. Sometimes you get shy but sometimes - you dance like no one is watching and it's beautiful. You really feel the music and you're very whimsical. I can't wait to see how your talent develops and I see you learning technique and apply it when you're dancing. 





You start Kindergarten in the Fall. I keep saying to myself..we have 6 more months (because it is March 5 currently) and I just know how fast that goes. I can't bear it. You are my BABY! I just really thought you would stay little forever. I don't want to think of it now. You are my preschool baby who only leaves my side 3 days a week and soon it will be summer break and you're all mine - all the time! I sound obsessed. lol I am though. I just love you guys so much and love spending time with you.

We're upstairs right now and you're getting into your sister's stuff...beads, slime, squishy things...I don't know. Making messes is your specialty and not cleaning up is too. 

You still say "panpanks" and "dinger" and we LOVE it. We don't correct you. Pancakes will forever be panpanks and I love all 10 of your little dingers. :)

You also say "sumpkin" instead of "something" and it's one of our favorite things in the world. You also can't pronounce "character" and it always ends up "charaber" or sumpkin like that. :) We love the way you talk. You've mastered the eye roll too but you don't use it in a rude way. You like to me to know when you're annoyed so will deliberately roll your eyes at me and ask if I saw it. lol Another funny thing you like to do is use "air quotes" and you use them in all the wrong ways and it's hilarious but we try to not laugh because it brings us so much joy. Please never use air quotes correctly. 

You love goldfish and are open to try new foods especially if its a fruit or veggie. I may you fruit salads and veggie trays often and you devour them. It makes me so happy to see you enjoy healthy foods. You love the treats though too! Always asking for a treat after every meal. 

In the mornings when the big kids have school we will wave bye to JK as she hurries off on her bike and then hang back for a bit until it's time to take Jonah. I load you in your stroller (which you're not loving because you want to run) but we are usually in a hurry so I plop you in there and Jonah gets Louie...we load his trombone and lunchbox onto the stroller and off we go. We hustle to get him to school on time and I always tell you we can take our time getting home. We say our goodbyes to our boy and I release you from the stroller and you get lou's leash and you lolly gag all the way home. I love watching you from behind. I see you stop and look at a bug on the sidewalk..sometimes you ask questions and sometimes you just look on quietly. You stand up because you've noticed some wild flowers and run over to collect a few before running back to me with your treasures. You always have gifts for me and I almost never make it home without flowers in my hair. I don;t think we've ever made it home without some sticks either. Or rocks. You are a collector and have an eye for special treasures. 

You are a busy little girl. You are always down for an adventure and love some drama. You love to watch movies with me and lately have become weirdly obsessed with shark attacks. You enjoy hearing about them and watching movies about sharks. You are your Mema's grandbaby - that's for sure!

I could go on and on JoJo. You make every day brighter. Every room more exciting. Every heart fuller. Every song more beautiful. Your life has brought so much love and happiness into our family. We love watching you grow into this amazing little girl who is curious and wide eyed and so beautiful I could never look away. I really can't believe you are 5 already. It happens so quickly but thank you for being the baby in our family. You are REALLY good at it and you will always be my baby. Forever. Happy Birthday my beautiful girl. We love you! Have a blast being FIVE!

Love, 

Mommy

xoxoxo




0 Comments: