Friday, August 11, 2023

Journey Kay is 11

Dear Journey Kay,


You are 11 years old today! I know I say this every year but I can't believe how fast we got here. You've always had so much energy and never stop moving. That hasn't changed. If you're still, it's because you're in a deeeeep sleep because you are even active in sleep. You changed rooms again. You're now in Dad's old office and seem to be very happy. I love that you are closer to us and I think you do too. You got lonely upstairs and everyone visits you more that you are accessible. Dad likes it up here too and now I am back up here so really it works out very well. We're transitioning it back into a play room and office. You started 5th grade in middle school on Wednesday the 16th. We didn't even walk you in the classroom. You were ready to go the moment we reached the awning and wanted nothing to do with your ole parents. :( I even forgot we were allowed to walk in on the first day. Moment lost. I don't think you would've wanted us to anyway. You're kinda in that stage right now where you get embarrassed with us. I try not to take it to heart. I know you love us.



You're tall! 97t percentile in height and weight I think. You have always been in the top though. That's cause you're a winner. lol You are though. You're so athletic and can pretty much do or play any sport you try. You were interested in the swim team for about 5 minutes and then that went away once you found out that you may not be with your friends and would have to compete. I hope you consider it again though because I think you'd be such a great swimmer. You have a very natural ability when it comes to athletics. You must get it from your Dad because the only sport I was ever good at was cheerleading. 







Your favorite subject is Writing and then Math. You want to quit TREC even though this is your last year. I don't want you to but you are relentless. WE have a few days to decide.









You're in the Advanced Tumbling class at Aspire. Level 6 or 7 and you have Coach Ashley. You're the youngest in the class and obviously the best one. You're working on your aerial and double back flip is still something you want to conquer. I wish we had more space and could have a real gym for us all. We hope to have a beautiful gym space in our dream forever home. I know you will love that. 

You realllllllly don't like getting your picture taken
 
You love playing with your friends and are so lucky that they are our neighbors. Medha moved a couple streets away but you guys ride your bikes to each other and sometimes ride bikes after school together. 
You love bread, all kinds. Mostly, fresh baked butter crescents or any freshly baked bread. You're pretty picky though and it's been tough getting you to try things out of your comfort zone. 




You are starting Basketball this winter and we can't wait to see how you like it. Your Dad wants you to be a baller bad but is keeping it to himself afraid if you knew how much he wants this that you would do the opposite. lol You do that a lot. But really we just want for you to find something that you love doing. 

Oh my Journey Kay, we disagree daily, laugh deeply and I love you more each second. You amaze me with your intelligence and challenge me with your defiance. I hope you never stop challenging me and you know I will never stop being all up in your business. :) You are and always will be my baby girl and one of my best friends in the whole world. I love that I get to be your mommy and watching you grow into the amazing person you are is my absolute privilege. I pray that God keeps you and guides you through each new day and all the challenges they bring. I hope you always know how loved and appreciated you are in our family. You bring your Daddy and I so much joy and pride as we look at you, our gorgeous girl. I love you, my Journey. Have a blast being 11!!!!! 
Love, Mommy

0 Comments: