Friday, April 15, 2011

T.M.I.

Too Much Information! I read entirely too much on the internet. I read about the growth and development of babies on countless different sites, I read forums for moms discussing the growth and development of their babies and then when I can't get to a computer..I read books on the growth and development of babies and children. After all that reading, one would think it would be enough but No..once the reading is done - I begin to ask people (my mom mainly) on techniques she used to get the baby to sleep, soothe themselves..what to do for teething, etc. Most of her answers go something like this.."I just nursed them." or "I don't really remember..I normally would just nurse them and it would fix the problem."

It's remarkable how the same topic can generate so many different suggestions and techniques. It's no wonder I sit and shake my head and think "I have no idea what I am doing."

I have finally learned after reading it and hearing it countless times and now I truly believe that.... all babies are different. I have to use my own instincts. Jonah is my baby. Only his parents know what is best for him and when he is ready to try new things. I do not have to rely on books, forums and websites to tell me that my child is perfectly fine. He is healthy, happy and very much loved.

Finally, peace of mind is a precious thing. Now, if I could only have peace and quiet all night long...

1 Comments:

Justin said...

I agree. Yes you read too much on the Internet. Yes you and I know whats best for him (and if not will learn quickly). And Yes, he is health happy and very loved!