Friday, June 3, 2011

7 Months

Dear Jonah,

This past month has been awesome! You are so much fun to play with! I mean I really loved the itty bitty baby stage but I have to say that this stage is much more gratifying for your parents. We can easily detect a cry and know exactly what to do to bring that smile back to your precious face. You love to wrestle with us and play airplane and you love to water the plants with Dad outside.




What's New With You?
  • You are wearing size 6, 9 and 12 month clothes. Most of your sleepers are 12 months because you are sooo long! We've gotten several new jams now though that are 2 piece, without the feet. These fit you really good and you have all the room you need to stretch. 
  • You love your feet and toes so you are really liking your new pjs
  • You weigh approximately 19 pounds
  • You wear size 2 diapers. We just bought a big box from Sam's that is size 3. I held them up next to the 1 newborn diaper I kept and I had to choke back tears and remind myself that growing is normal and all kids do it. 
  • You eat breakfast every morning around 9am, after your first nap. You eat oatmeal with fruit. You love peaches, bananas, pears..pretty much all fruit. You also eat dinner every night at 5pm which normally consists of a half jar of veggies and then a dessert fruit like banana-orange yogurt or vanilla banana pudding. We don't rely on these meals really..you are still learning. We are happy with anything that actually makes it into your stomach and not on your face, our face or the floor. You drink 25-30 oz of breast milk and that is your main source of nutrition. 
  • We took you to the park for the first time last weekend. It was so hot but you loved it. We let you swing and you squealed and smiled the whole time. 
  • If I say "give mama kisses" you lean in and give me a big ole sloppy smoocher! I love this so much!
  • You LOVE the moby wrap. You and I go shopping during the day now anytime we feel like it because I know I can just wrap you up and "wear" you all day :) It's a good workout for mom lugging an extra 19 pounds around too. 
  • You are such a curious little guy. You want anything and everything we are holding. You must touch everything. 
  • Just recently I've noticed that you will get upset and cry or scream if I take something away that you wanted. This is brand new so it kinda threw me for a loop when it happened. I was thinking "oh no..here we go." 
  •  I've been giving you sips of water out of my cup. You LOVE this. You are very good too, barely any spill. There's a downside to this though..Anytime I am holding a drink you want a sip and reach out and grab at it. I have to turn my head and "secretly" chug some fluids as fast as I can before you catch me and want a sipper. 
  • You are extremely attached to your mommy. You cry when you see me if I am not holding you and you cry when I leave the room. We are working on this....
  • Your favorite toys are Sophie, lego blocks, your alligator piano and any book that has music buttons.  
  • We still call on Dave to help you get to sleep from time to time. 
  • You're an awesome sleeper these days. You go to sleep around 7:30 -8 and sleep until about 3am. At this time, your Dad is on duty and feeds you a 5 oz bottle and then you sleep until about 6. I come to get you in the morning. 
  • Last night you did something you have never done before..you slept the whole night without eating!!!!! It was so unexpected. You went to sleep normal time and then woke up randomly at 11pm. I waited a few mins thinking you would just go back to sleep but you didn't so I rocked you back to sleep and then laid you back down. Well, you slept until 5:30 this morning!!! 

It seems like every day you do something new. I am still getting used to the fact that you don't need us to go to sleep anymore and here you are..not really needing us throughout the night either. You're the coolest little man I know and every day is better than the one before.

 A morning photo op
Yummy! Peaches!
 My two favorite guys
 He never stays in one place anymore when he sleeps. He always jams himself up in a corner.Got a little messy with dinner..

 We've been walking every morning before it gets too hot. He loves to get outside.
 Love this little man!!!! We have so much fun with this hat. He used to try and rip it off as soon as I would put it on him but he doesn't anymore. I think I wore him down. :) He will wear any hat happily.
Getting ready to go out for an afternoon swim













               
                                          6:15am - Way too early for pictures!

You have accomplished so much this past month! We love you and are so very proud of you.
Cheers little man!

Love,
Mom

p.s. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox





0 Comments: