20 months? Seriously? You are sooooo not keeping up your end of the bargain. You told me on the day you were born that you would grow slowly. Need I remind you again? Besides growing way too fast, here are some other things you've been up to..
![]() |
| You did not like your headband |
- You weigh 28 pounds and are 34 inches tall. You had your well baby checkup last week so those are exact measurements.
- You wear size 4 diapers and size 6 shoes
- You wear size 18-24 month clothes
- You almost have 16 teeth..4 are coming in as we speak
- You are sick right now, running a 102.6 degree temp..(think it's from those teeth you're cutting) Your cheeks are flushed and you just want your mommy ALL.THE.TIME. It's okay, I miss you when you are playing anyway.
- You say a few new words although you still don't care much for talking.. You regularly say mama, dada, ah dawwwwg (a dog), bye and ohhh no! I've heard you say da suh (the sun) and baybay (baby) and dough-ah or da-ko (dakota)
- You got a potty chair recently and love taking it apart. You will sit on it for like half a second then get up and take the lid off. You've been taking off your diaper recently because you are a nudist so I told you that you can be naked as long as you pee pee in the potty. You smiled at me then peed on the floor.
- Your favorite shows are Yo Gabba Gabba, Baby Einstein and Blues Clues.
- You are not eating well, must be because you're teething and don't feel well. I swear you live on air sometimes.
- You sleep great! Still 8pm-7am mostly...but there are days you wake around 6 or 6:30...those are loooong days.
- You love to spin in circles and then fall down..You do this a lot.
- You love your animals. It's the first thing you do when you wake up. You dump them all out on the floor then pick them up one at a time and relocate them to another part of the house. I find them everywhere, lined up and in categories.
- You love your books and we read the same ones over and over...they are all about animals - go figure.
- You love to make animal sounds and get down on all fours when you are being a puppy. I get down with you and chase you and bark at you. You think it's pretty hilarious...I would be laughing too watching a big pregnant lady crawling around and barking.
- You love your blankets and carry them around with you all day long.
- You love going outside to play and swing. You also love swimming in our pool. We go out almost every day for an afternoon swim. We've been skipping it the last couple days because you've been sick. I can't wait for you to start feeling better.
- You love to stack blocks and color in your coloring books. You really love opening your crayon box, dumping out all the crayons, then putting them back in more than anything.
- I blew up the air mattress today and put it in the living room to have a lazy day in hopes you would lay down and rest and maybe I could too but you laid with me for about 5 minutes then got up to check on your zoo and farm. So I closed my eyes for a bit until you started lining up your animals on top of me..you don't like when mommy "rests her eyes"
- You've been sticking your fingers up your nose recently...it's gross and I tell you to stop and you just stick them up there farther. I refuse to have a child who picks their nose so I do not let you do this. It's a fight but eventually you stop.
- You've only been in time out a couple times this past month. You're such a good boy - most of the time. You go to time out for 2 things.. hitting me when it's time to change your diaper and playing in Dakota's water and food dishes. The hitting has really slowed down though, you are learning you don't mess with mama. You just love to splash around in D's water dish...
Napping with Daddy and Dakota
Precious!
Taking a drive
Your hair was crazy that day so we wet it down...You were not impressed.
Getting Granny Smith's bed made up..
You thought the air mattress was pretty fun to roll around on
"Hey! What do you mean I made a mess?"
"Oh, this???"
"Well, I just thought my blocks looked better on the shelf so I moved my books to the floor..."
and more stacking..
I ask you to smile for me..
and this is the face I get..
You look mad. I let you go about your business after this..
You made a new friend at the library petting zoo the other day...Dakota has you ruined. You think every animal should give kisses when you smash your face into theirs..
You are such a sweet little boy. You love your mommy and stay close to me pretty much all the time. I see other kids who run and play and get into everything and sometimes I wonder if you're missing out on stuff...You will run and play sometimes too and it makes me very happy to see you socialize with other kids so I know you can do it, you just choose not to most of the time. You'd rather be hanging out with your parents..we are pretty cool though, I know.
You will be a big brother very soon Jonah...I am treasuring these last few weeks and plan on spending as much time as possible with you until little one arrives. Things will change but you will always be my baby and you are going to love having a sib. You're such a good helper. You love watering the plants with dad and helping me with house chores. I just know you are going to be an awesome big brother and will love little one to bits. You are my precious little man and I love you soooo much it's disgusting!
Love,
Mommy
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox


















0 Comments:
Post a Comment