Today you are 21 months old and 20 days away from being a big brother!
- You weigh about 28 pounds and are 34-35 inches tall
- You wear size 4 diapers and size 6-7 shoes
- You have 16 teeth
- You hate your Toms and this makes us sad because they're adorable and they are pretty much the only shoe that fits you right now.
- You still don't say much. I should probably be worried but I really don't think it's a problem. You will talk when you're ready to. You communicate with us in other ways just fine. You sign more, please, thank you and all done. You point to where it hurts and you grab my hand and take me wherever you want to go.
- You can run like the wind and love to spin in circles
- You picked out a stick horse at Toys R Us and love to ride it around. Your dad loves to ride it too and chases you through the house.
- You hated swim class this year. I don't know why, you love the water but you hated that pool. I think it was too cold and you didn't like all the people around. You can be so anti social sometimes.
- You love to read books with us and point out all the different animals. You make me recite the names of each animal as you point to them. Then I ask you where the "lion" is and you point to it. We take turns quizzing each other.
- You are still obsessed with all animals and if you see one on the tv, outside, at the store on a display or on a package you freak out and show us. We have to acknowledge that we saw it and tell you what it is.
- You have started trying to ride Dakota like a small horse..this is definitely frowned upon in this establishment.
- You can be very stubborn and you pretend you don't hear me although I know you do. You've spent some time in the time out spot a lot recently because of this.
- You love your blankets and carry them with you pretty much everywhere
- Your hair is amazing
- You love to lift your shirt after dinner and show us how full your belly is
- You are a whiz with the ipad and iphone and know how to use them efficiently. You know you're not allowed to walk around with the ipad so you always stay seated and leave it on the chair when you're done being a genius.
- You love tv. This is bad. It's hard though because it's such a handy little tool when I am working. You love Yo Gabba Gabba, Blues Clues, Pocoyo and Baby Einstein. You also love your reading DVDs and I pop one in every morning. Makes me feel better when you're watching one of those instead of Nick Jr.
- You rub and kiss my belly every day. You know your baby brother or sister is in there.
- You play with my hair and I love it. I play with yours a lot too because again, your hair is amazing.
- You love to lay in bed with us in the mornings and cuddle.
- You like to setup a salon while Dad is in the shower (I am still laying in bed) but you get into my bathroom drawer and pull out all my hair and face products and line them up on my nightstand. You are the best little stylist.
- You really love to color...on the walls. I have since had to put away the crayons unless I am able to sit down and color with you.
- You love to swing in our backyard and play in the sand.
- You call your Mema "mimi" and will only whisper the name "papa" I guess it is sacred.
You are such a joy to us Jonah. We recently went away for the first time overnight and left you with Mema and Papa. I had never been away from you for a whole night..but it was good. The report was that you were an angel except when it came time to go to bed..you gave your "Mimi" a hard time and Papa ended up sitting with you and hugging you in your crib until you went to sleep. Your Papa is a softy and just couldn't leave you alone to cry it out. You have him wrapped around your little finger for sure.
Not happy about swim class..
Someone turned 31 this month..
You love to play with the hose at Mema and Papa's house
You're growing so much and doing cool new things everyday. You've recently started mimicking a lot and I see you doing dance moves that you could've only learned from DJ Lance Rock. You make the funniest faces and give me the cheesiest grin when I ask you to smile for the camera..like the picture above. (Sorry about your bangs honey..I trimmed hacked them the other day in a hurry and cut them far too short. They will grow back because your hair is amazing. Only 20 more days until little bumpis is here. Are you ready? I hope you are, that will at least make one of us.














0 Comments:
Post a Comment